Bright and fresh, this salsa is the best you’ve ever tasted! It takes just 5 minutes to make, and it’s sure to “wow” anyone you make it for! Who else loves chips and salsa? I figured as much… it’s such a classic snack!
I love salsa when it’s fresh and smooth, with small pieces of tomato, onion, jalapeno, with cilantro and lime juice. Bright and fresh with a kick, as the best salsa’s are!
This salsa is ridiculously simple to make, just throw all the ingredients in your food processor or blender, process it, and ta-da! Amazing salsa ? Just gather your ingredients, Roughly chop your onion, and jalapeno. Add the tomatoes, including juice, your chopped veggies, roughly chopped garlic, cumin, salt, sugar, a handful or more of cilantro, and juice some limes into your food processor.
To let this salsa have the best flavour, put it in an airtight container and in the refrigerator for a couple of hours. This lets the flavours really combine and get good and acquainted……Now just grab a bag of your favourite tortilla chips and sit down on the couch with some Netflix or your favourite movie…
And the hotter the salsa is, the better. Hurts so good. The more you have, the more you want.The best part of this salsa is how fast, easy, and goofproof it is. It doesn’t hurt that it’s low-cal and all veggies.
The recipe is customisable and requires you to stop, taste-test, and tweak based on your own personal preferences. Everyone’s preference for salt, heat, and preferred texture differs. After you’ve blended it and gotten it just right, feel free to stir in a handful of black beans or corn.The salsa is extremely hard to resist right out of the blender, but if you can make it a day in advance and store it in the fridge, it’s so much better the second and third day. I’ve never been able to get it to last past the third day.
Over time the flavours really marry, the rawness of the onion and garlic mellows, and the heat level while still intense has a smoother intensity. Use less jalepenos and/or remove the seeds if you don’t like four-alarm fires as much as I do.
Lets get started with the recipe now!!!
- 1 cup of whole plum tomatoes roughly chopped( You can use canned tomatoes too)
- 1 small white onion peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 or 2 jalepeno peppers seeded and chopped
- 3 cloves garlic chopped
- 1½ teaspoons ground cumin or to taste
- 1 teaspoons salt or to taste
- ¼ teaspoon to 1 granulated sugar optional and to taste
- 1 leaves or 2 handfuls cilantro I prefer 2
- 2 to 3 Tbsp of Lemon Juice
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- Add all ingredients to food processor in the order listed. Pulse a few times to break up the large pieces, then process until texture is as smooth as desired.
- Taste the salsa and based on personal preference, adjust as necessary.
- Transfer to airtight container and let sit in the refrigerator for a couple of hours or 1 day for best flavour.
- Serve with tortilla chips and enjoy!
For any queries and collaborations contact me at : firstname.lastname@example.org
If you cook or bake anything from Cooking Diary By Shruti…Please Share the Pictures on Instagram or Facebook and Tag @cookingdiarybyshruti. I would love to see them. Also I would feature it on my blog.