SUNDAY Brunch is totally sorted with these Apple Pie Whole Wheat Pancakes!! Why?? Because these are quick, easy, healthy, light, fluffy, and most importantly EGGLESS.
Pancakes weren’t something I enjoyed eating the most. I’d rather prefer crepes. But the eggless pancakes are something I developed a taste for. There is no compromise on the texture of the pancakes even though there aren’t any eggs in it. Its still light, airy, fluffy and super soft. The trick is to measure your ingredients right and not to over beat the batter. Remember you are making pancakes not cake. Also, its important to cover it and cook it on low flame so that they are well cooked inside out.
I am a huge fan of apple pie. Its something I could eat anytime of the day. I have done various desserts with apples, each time thinking I have made the best one and can’t make anything better until I made these. I wanted to make whole wheat pancakes with honey, then I just thought of adding apples to it. Trust me, its the best thing I did.
I made a apple pie filling by slicing the apples and mixing it with honey, cinnamon, brown sugar, a pinch of salt and some lemon juice. I layered this filling between each pancake and finally topped it with lots of caramel sauce. You can make one at home but I really love the Hershey’s Caramel Syrup. You can eat it with maple syrup of a large scoop of vanilla ice-cream too.
Lets get started with the recipe now.
- FOR THE PANCAKE MIX:
- Whole Wheat Flour- 1 and ½ cup
- Baking Powder- 1 tsp
- Salt- A pinch
- Sugar- 2 Tbsp
- Cinnamon Powder- 1 tbsp( you can add less)
- Nutmeg Powder-1/2 tsp
- Butter- 2 Tbsp
- Milk- 1 and ½ cup
- Vanilla Extract- 1 Tsp
- Caramel Syrup- ¼th cup
- FOR THE APPLE PIE FILLING:
- Apples- 2 large ( Sliced thinly)
- Cinnamon Powder- 1 Tbsp
- Brown Sugar- 3 to 4 Tbsp
- Butter- 1 Tbsp
- Lemon Juice- 1 tsp
- Water- 2 Tbsp
- In a pan heat some butter. Add Brown Sugar and stir until the butter melts. Now add the sliced apples and the remaining ingredients and let it cook on low flame until the apple pieces soften a bit. If you like it more soft you can cook it a little more.
- Keep the apple slices aside.
- In a bowl, mix all the ingredients under the pancake mix, and combine it together. Make sure the batter has a pouring consistency.
- Heat a pan. Add very lil butter. Now pour 2 tbsp of the pancake batter, cover it and let it cook on low flame.Once you see little bubbles forming on top, flip it carefully. Cook until golden brown on both sides.
- Similarly cook the remaining pancakes.
- Now for serving, layer a pancake with some apple pie filling and cover it with another pancake. Repeat the process.
- Add some of the filling on top, and drizzle either caramel syrup or maple syrup.
Also try these yummy Chocolate Chip Pancakes with Strawberries and Bananas
For any collaborations or queries please contact me at email@example.com