Pancakes are hands down my favourites. There are a lot of pancake recipes on the blog yet I can’t get over them. I can have them any time of the day and with lots of fresh fruits and honey is what I prefer. I have gluten free and sugar free whole wheat and oats pancakes as well on the blog.
This one is a banana bread pancake. Why is it called Banana Bread?? Because the batter we use here is similar to that of a banana bread but a lot more easier to whip up. The best part is you can make these using whole wheat flour and skip the sugar completely because it will be mildly sweet because of the bananas. And you will be topping them up with more bananas and honey. I used about a tablespoon of brown sugar. This just adds so much more flavour to the pancakes.
Lets get started with the recipe now!!
- 1 Cup All Purpose Flour
- 1 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1 Tbsp Brown Sugar ( You can use any sugar you want)
- A pinch of salt
- 1½ Mashed Banana (Make sure its ripe enough)
- 1 Cup Milk
- 2 Tbsp Butter
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Essence
- ¼th Cup Maple Syrup or Honey
- ¼th Cup Chocolate Chips
- ¼th Cup Sliced Bananas
- In a bowl sieve together Flour, Baking Powder and Salt.
- In another bowl, mix together mashed bananas, vanilla, butter, milk and sugar.
- Incorporate both of them together making sure that there are no lumps. The batter should not be very runny.
- Heat a pan and grease it with some butter. Wipe the butter off with a tissue.
- Now add in a laddle full of the batter and let it spread on its own. Cover it and let is cook for 2 mins or until you see bubbles forming.
- Flip it over and cook until golden from both sides.
- Make the rest of the batch
- Stack it up and top it with some bananas, chia seeds, chocolate chips, walnuts and honey.