I hope you had an amazing Diwali. After all the festive madness and binging on so much good food, I am trying to come up with recipes that are not only quick and easy but a lot more healthy. Some Low Calorie recipes that not only will help curb your craving, but will be a little less harsh on the waistline.
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, but its also the meal where you do not want to spend much time. Something that is filling, healthy, delicious and ready in minimum time is what all of us look for. The muffins take barely 20 mins to whip up. The best part is that you can make them in large batches and they are good to go, for at least 3 days in an air tight container.
P.S- You can have it for breakfast on the go or an evening snack. I like it with my evening cup of Green Coffee. Its amazing.
There aren’t any fancy ingredients. Some ripen bananas, vanilla, oats ,almond and buttermilk is all you need to make these. You can even add lots of oats and nuts to take it up a notch. I have used oats flour and wheat flour in them but you can use any flour of your choice. Add a few berries and they would taste exactly like your overnight oats.
Lets get started with the recipe now!!
- ¾th cup whole wheat flour
- ¾th cup oats flour(pulse oats in a blender and sieve it)
- ¾th Cup Buttermilk
- 2 ripen bananas mashed
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ¾th tsp baking soda
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- 4 Tbsp Brown Sugar
- ¼th Cup Butter
- Almonds finely chopped
- In a bowl sieve together flour, baking powder, baking soda and set aside.
- In another bowl, whip together butter and sugar. Now add in the mashed banana and vanilla. Mix well.
- Now add in the dry ingredients, alternating it with some buttermilk. Do not over mix the batter. Just fold it all in.
- Take any muffin cup or liner of your choice and fill it ¾th with the batter. This mixture yields about 10 to 12 muffins.
- Bake them in a pre-heated oven for about 20 mins at 180 degrees.
- You can have it warm or cold the choice is yours.
Try these absolutely easy and delicious breakfast muffins with your cup of tea or coffee. It goes extremely well with one of those breakfast smoothies. Go check out the cupcakes and muffins section under the all recipe heading to fine more such recipes.Comment below and tell me if you like this recipe.
For any queries or collaboration drop me an email at email@example.com