Hey Lovely Readers,
Sometimes we want a sumptuous home made dessert but don’t have a huge amount of time to put it together. This Banoffee Pie Parfaits is a cheat version of the classic banoffee pie and takes literally 15 mins to prepare. Its equally delicious and there is no compromising on the taste I promise.
The Banoffee Pie is a purely english invention and I am really not going in too much history. Banoffee means the blending of banana and toffee if you were to understand it in simpler terms,An irresistible dessert, Banoffee pie is easily a dessert lovers favourite. Banana slices, sticky toffee, and whipped cream are arranged in layers over a cookie-like crust, resulting in a dense, cool treat. Using crushed digestive biscuits and unsweetened whipped cream keeps it from being too sweet.
P.S- If you are one of those calorie counters then this recipe might not appeal your appetite, but this can definitely be one of your cheat meals and you are surely going to crave more.
If anyone is wondering what is the difference between the classic pie and these banoffee pie parfaits, well there is no difference at all. These are just mini and single serve size of the pie. You know my love for single serve desserts and this invention surely comes from there. Single serve desserts look really cute and crave u wanting for more.
This is the easiest dessert recipe ever and if you are a banana lover this one is definitely for you. The base of this pie is usually made out of crushed biscuit. I have used crushed digestive biscuit. After this you can top it up with homemade toffee sauce. Homemade toffee sauce is extremely easy to make. Just melt together butter and sugar in a pan, once that is caramelized, add cream and vanilla. Voila your homemade toffee sauce is ready. This would hardly take 5 mins.
P.S- To make your banoffee pie parfait all you gotta do is layer the crushed biscuits, toffee sauce, sliced bananas and a dollop of whipped cream.
- For The Crust:
- 1 packet Digestive Biscuit
- ½ cup Unsalted Butter
- For the toffee sauce:
- ½ cup (1 stick) Butter
- ½ cup Sugar
- ½ cup Heavy Cream
- ½ teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup Sliced Bananas
- 1 cup Sweet Whipped Cream
- ¼th Cup Chocolate Shavings for topping
- Make the crust: Crush the digestive biscuits in a food processor until you get a fine crumb texture. Transfer to a bowl and stir in melted butter. Press about 1 to 2 tbsp of the mixture in your serving glass with the back of a spoon. Chill the crust in refrigerator for about 10 mins.
- Make the toffee: Melt the butter in a small saucepan. Stir in the sugar and melt over low heat. Add the heavy cream and bring the mixture to a boil for a few minutes, stirring continuously. The toffee should darken slightly. Pour the filling into the glasses over the biscuit crust. Cool and chill again for at least 10 mins until the caramel is firm.
- To serve,Slice the bananas and place them in a single layer on top of the caramel. Whip the cream and spoon it over the toffee and bananas. Sprinkle the top of the pie with grated chocolate.
And your banoffee pie parfaits are ready. Isn’t this a supremely easy dessert to put together for New Year’s Party?
For any queries and collaborations contact me at : email@example.com
If you cook or bake anything from Cooking Diary By Shruti…Please Share the Pictures on Instagram or Facebook and Tag @cookingdiarybyshruti. I would love to see them. Also I would feature it on my blog.