If there is one thing that I would want to include in my Breakfast in Bed Menu, it definitely will be my Blueberry Breakfast Cake each day and everyday!!
I have used buttermilk in the recipe which performs amazing magic on this “coffee” styled breakfast cake. It’s moist and absolutely stuffed with juicy, ripe blueberries. With a little hint of lemon and a sugary crunchy top, this is a must make for your culinary bucket list.
Grab a cup of coffee and pull up a chair. You’ll want to visit a while!
Lets get started with the recipe!!
- ¾th Cup Butter, room temperature
- Zest from 1 lemon
- ½ Cup Sugar
- ¼th Cup Milkmaid
- 1 Tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 cups All-Purpose flour
- 2 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1 Tsp Baking Soda
- 1 Cup Fresh, Ripe Blueberries
- ½ Cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon Sugar for Sprinkling
- In a bowl sieve together flour, baking powder and baking soda together and keep aside.
- In a another bowl, cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add vanilla extract and mix well.
- Now add some milkmaid and combine everything. Add in the dry ingredients alternating it with buttermilk. Make sure you don't over mix the batter.
- Lastly fold in the blueberries. Now pour the batter in a round 8" Cake tin.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven for 40 mins at 180 degrees.
- Let it cool. Top it with some sugar and fresh blueberries and enjoy 🙂