Are you looking for an easy yet rich and delicious dessert option?? If yes, then my Blueberry Crumble Pie is the perfect answer to it. Its flaky, crusty, sweet, tangy and absolutely divine. True indulgence in every form.
Hello Lovely Readers,
Have you read the previous post on Classic Eggless Bread Pudding? Its a huge hit and definitely one of those desserts that you can make for Rakhi. As I promised in my previous post, I am going to share another amazing dessert for your brother, which is this Blueberry Crumble Pie. The traditional ladoos, or barfi’s, can never be replaced, but these new desserts definitely bring a huge smile and make the festive day more exciting.
I am very much excited to share this recipe as its one of my favourites. I am a huge fan of Pies and Tarts. I thought my Chocolate Truffle Oreo and Strawberry Tart was the ultimate, but I won’t be able to say that any longer, as this Blueberry Crumble Pie is my new love.
I have used Fresh Blueberries in this recipe and a single serve dessert is always better as each one can have their own portions. You can definitely make it in a larger baking dish, but I love presenting it this way. I have used the good old ramekins for this recipe. I believe they make great individual portions and also are presentable.
The recipe is very simple and perfect for beginners at baking too. Much more easy than an actually pie, this recipe requires pie crumble made out of flour, butter and sugar and fresh blueberries mix. You could make this with blueberry compote too but that wouldn’t taste as great. Top it with Vanilla Ice-Cream and choice of toppings to take the dessert a notch higher. I am sure your brothers would be absolutely thrilled to taste this one and it could be a really sweet gesture.
Lets get started with the recipe now.
- FOR THE CRUMBLE:
- 1 Cup All Purpose Flour (200 gms)
- 100 gms of cold unsalted butter
- 50 gms of sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- FOR THE BLUEBERRY FILLING
- 1 Cup Blueberries
- ½ cup Sugar
- 2 Tbsp of CornStarch
- ½ tsp Lemon Juice
- Mix together All Purpose Flour, Sugar, Butter together with the help of your fingers until the butter combines with the flour and you get a crumble like mixture. Set it aside and refrigerate until use.
- In a bowl mix blueberries with sugar, cornstarch, Lemon Juice. Try and crush the blueberries a little with the help of a spoon so that it can mix well with sugar and cornstarch.
- Now, butter the ramekins or any baking dish that you choose. Pour in the blueberry mix. Cover ¾the of the ramekins with blueberries. Now top it up with the crumble.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven, for 15-20 mins at 160 degrees.
- Serve warm with a large scoop of ice cream.
I hope you have an amazing day!! If you happen to make this pie then don’t forget to tag me on Instagram or Facebook where you can find me with the username “cookingdiarybyshruti”.
If you are looking for any queries or collaborations then mail me at email@example.com
Lots of Love