Starting the week right with this absolutely delicious chocolate pudding and it couldn’t get better than this. I love chocolate puddings and lately I have been trying to do a lot of gluten free and low calorie desserts on the blog. Since most of you have been requesting for desserts which are quick and easy yet a little low in calories, I am trying my best to do so.
This pudding is a life saviour when it comes to dessert cravings. Its low in calories, gluten free, and absolutely delicious.
Lets get started with the recipe.
- 2 Cups Low Fat Milk
- ¾ th Cup Oats Flour ( or finely ground oats)
- 2 Tbsp Dark Unsweetened Cocoa
- ¼th Cup Dark Chocolate ( I used Lindt 75% Cocoa)
- 2 Tbsp Light Brown Sugar
- 3 Tbsp Maple Syrup or Honey
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- ¼th Cup Chopped Walnuts or Pecans
- Grated Chocolate to Garnish
- In a non-stick pot, add the Oats flour and roast it for about 2 to 3 mins, just until it changes its colour. Take it out. In the same pot add milk, dark chocolate, unsweetened cocoa, brown sugar, maple syrup, vanilla extract and let everything come to a boil.
- Now add in the oats and let it cook on low flame, stirring continuously, until the pudding thickens. This should take less than 5 mins. It would look like an oatmeal which I love. I can eat it just like this as its so delicious.Let it cool. If you are not very happy with the texture..add some milk and blend it to make it more smooth.
- Pour it in serving glass and let it chill for about 30 mins.
- Top it with chopped walnuts and some grated chocolate.
- Your delicious Chocolate Walnut Pudding is ready.