Welcome to the all new Cooking Diary By Shruti. Its been really long and I did promise to launch it way back in August 2015 but it did not work out then…So here we are. I will do a post separately as to what all new can you find on this website, but for now, all I can say is this one is way more pretty, quirky, easy to navigate, and presentable. I would be more than happy if you comment below and let me know what are your views on the all new version of Cooking Diary By Shruti.
Coming to this post, the website was getting ready, while I was prepping a lot of recipes and looking for a special occasion to launch it. I thought what better than Christmas could it be. Christmas would always mean delicious baked goodies. I know you might be seeking a fruit and nut cake, but this one is a little different and really pretty for your christmas parties. If you still want the traditional fruits and nut christmas cake you can check one of my previous posts HERE.
These brownies are really easy to put together and the presentation is what really steals the show. I wanted to bake something which would look really festive and perfect for christmas. Take out your favourite brownie recipe, add on the icing and you are good to go.
P.S- If you want you can use a store bought brownie mix too.
These brownies are similar to the one I have posted earlier on the blog. Check the recipe here. Its a dark chocolate Nutella brownie without eggs. The variation to this recipe is that I have added walnuts to them to give it a little crunch and texture. So the process is really simple, bake the brownie, cut it into triangles and top it with green coloured frosting. It still looked incomplete, so I added some colored sprinkles and a candy stick.
- For Brownies:
- All Purpose Flour: 200 gms
- Sugar: 100 gms
- Baking Powder: 2 tsp
- Baking Soda: 1 tsp
- Butter: 80 gms
- Salt: A pinch
- Buttermilk: 1 cup
- Vanilla Extract: 1 tbsp
- Coco Powder: 5 tbsp
- Nutella: 2 tbsp
- Walnuts (Optional): ½ cup
- For Decor:
- White Chocolate: 1 cup melted
- Edible Green Colour: Depending on how light or dark you want the color to be
- Colourful Sprinkles: as required
- Candy: 2 to 3
- For Baking Brownies:
- In a large bowl, add all purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, coco powder and set aside.
- In another bowl, beat butter and sugar together until its light and fluffy. Add vanilla extract, nutella
- and mix. Now add the dry ingredients in batches into this mixture alternating with buttermilk. Make sure you do not beat too much. Just fold in the ingredients together.
- Line a baking tray of 8" with parchment paper and pour in the mix to it, Bake in a preheated oven for 35 mins at 160 degrees. Do a skewer test, if it does not come out clean bake for 5 more mins. Let the brownies cool.
- Once cooled down, cut them into triangles. Add green color to melted white chocolate and pour it in a piping bag. Starting at the top of the brownie triangles, gently squeeze the icing in a curvy zigzag design as you go down the tree.
- Add your favorite sprinkles and enjoy!
So here’s wishing all you lovely readers Merry Christmas on behalf of cooking diary by shruti. Try making these brownies and make your Christmas super special.
For any queries and collaborations contact me at : email@example.com
If you cook or bake anything from Cooking Diary By Shruti…Please Share the Pictures on Instagram or Facebook and Tag @cookingdiarybyshruti. I would love to see them. Also I would feature it on my blog.