How about combining both of these into one lip smacking dessert recipe?? Its hard to believe that a combination of churros and waffles can be so so delicious but why not. Its all about experimenting right?? A classic Churros Dough recipe transformed into crispy waffles using a waffle iron and then slathered with lots of cinnamon and sugar. I also like to dip these into some chocolate sauce but you can just enjoy it the way it is.
The best part is that they taste exactly like churros, crispy on the outside and soft on the inside, yet these aren’t fried which makes it perfect for breakfast or anytime snacking. This is an EGGLESS recipe and just perfect for any of you beginners. Some basic ingredients like flour, butter, water, salt and sugar and guess what it will be ready in no time.
Lets get started with the recipe now!!
- 1 Cup All Purpose Flour
- ½ Cup Butter
- 3 Tbsp Sugar
- 1 Pinch Salt
- 1 Cup Water
- ½ Cup Chocolate Sauce ( Just melt some chocolate and butter in a microwave or double boiler)
- Whipped Cream and Cherries to decorate
- To dust:
- 2 Tbsp Cinnamon
- 4 Tbsp Sugar
- In a sauce pan, add water, sugar, butter, and salt and stir until the butter is melted.
- Take it off the flame and add the flour, continuously stirring.
- Return it back to the flame and cook it for about 2 mins continuously folding with the spatula until the dough is combined and leaves the pan and is smooth.
- Heat the waffle iron. Brush it with butter. Now take two small portions of the dough and place it in the centre of each waffle iron. I used a square waffle iron maker.
- Cook it for 5 to 6 mins or until golden.
- Do the same with the remaining dough.
- Dust it with some cinnamon sugar and enjoy.