The old Classic Banana Bread is an all time favourite. It can never go wrong and suits everyone’s taste palette. I barely know someone who doesn’t enjoy a slice of warm banana bread with tea or coffee. Its my favourite go to snack anytime of the day.
The key to a moist and flavourful banana bread is to use very ripe bananas. Before I even consider using the bananas in baking, I wait until they turn black on the outside and get really soft to the touch. When peeled, such bananas are still white inside but very soft and mushy, not really holding their banana shape. Mashing such bananas with a fork is very much like stirring the smoothie: effortless! That’s when bananas are at their sweetest!
Banana Bread is so versatile in terms of a dessert. It can simply be eaten just as it is or in various other ways with different combinations. You can go for chocolate, dulce de leche, vanilla, walnut, caramel and what not in terms of flavouring the bread. The plain classic one is what I love the most. This time around though I topped it with some cream cheese frosting and some fresh blueberries. They tasted so amazing, I can’t begin to explain.
Lets get started with the recipe now!!
- 2 cups All Purpose Flour
- 2 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1 Tsp Baking Soda
- ¾th Cup Sugar
- ¼th Cup Butter
- 1 Cup ButterMilk
- 1 Cup Banana Puree(Grind 2 over ripe bananas into a smooth paste)
- Vanilla Extract- 1 tsp
- For serving:
- Fresh Blueberry-1/2 cup
- Cream Cheese Frosting ( Mix together ½ cup cream cheese & some sugar and vanilla essence together. Then fold in ¼th cup whipped cream)
- Sieve together All Purpose Flour, Baking Powder and Baking Soda in a Bowl. Keep it aside.
- In another bowl whip together butter and sugar until its light and fluffy.
- Add in the banana puree and vanilla essence. Mix everything.
- Now fold in the dry ingredients in batches alternating with some butter milk. Make sure the batter is airy and you don't over mix it.
- Pour the batter into a 9" loaf tin.
- Bake it in a pre-heated oven for 40 mins at 180 degrees.
- Let it cool once its baked. Then top it with some cream cheese frosting, fresh berries and some granola.