Bread Pudding, truly one of the classics when it comes to baking, reminds everyone of childhood. Its truly a quick fix when you are craving something sweet, also for me its a replacement for cakes. Dunked bread in milk and butter, with lots of almonds or raisins is a perfect combination.
Hello Lovely Readers,
Festivals are around the corner, rakshabandhan being the first one, and you obviously would need a lot of delicious recipes to make. I will be doing a series of posts that suffice the festive need. The first one to hit the list, is no other than the Classic Bread Pudding. Its one of my favourites, and you would thank me for this eggless version!
Yes, you heard it right- this is an eggless bread pudding. To be very honest, when I experimented with this one, I never thought it would turn out to be as good as the version with eggs, but it overcame all my doubts, and was a Star. Its nicely baked on the top, with crispy roasted almonds and gooey inside. It is perfectly sweetened and tastes divine with your favourite scoop of ice-cream or a drizzle of chocolate sauce.
Lets get started with the recipe now.
- 10 Bread Slices ( You can use Brown Bread)
- ½ cup Butter
- 2½ cups milk
- ¾th cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 tbsp custard powder
- ½ tsp nutmeg powder
- 4 tbsp condensed milk
- ½ cup sliced almonds
- Ice-cream or Chocolate Sauce (Optional)
- In a sauce pan, add milk, and cook it until it boils. Let the milk cook for about 10 mins on medium flame. Now add sugar, butter, custard powder, nutmeg powder and condensed milk. Simmer until all the ingredients are well combined.
- Let it cool, and add vanilla essence. Dunk in the roughly broken bread pieces.
- Take any baking tray of your choice and butter in well. Pour in the bread mix and top it with almond slices. You can also add raisins to this.
- Bake it in a preheated oven for 20 to 25 mins at 180 degrees.
- Serve warm with your favourite Icecream scoop.
If you happen to make this recipe, do take pictures and tag me on Instagram or Facebook. I would love to see your versions of it.
For any collaborations or queries contact me on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Lots of Love!!!