Looking for something to have with your Evening Tea? Or a Perfect Monsoon Snack? Try these Corn Cheese Poppers. They are spicy…and filled with Cheese.
Do you also love fried snacks during Monsoons. Well I simply <3 them. I know fried means added calories…but lets face it..nothing beats the taste of a yummy fried snack. No matter you bake them or fry them in an air fryer the latest trend these days…… the taste would never be the same. I believe its good to count the calories but once a while indulgence isn’t a bad thing 😛 What do you think?
P.S- I am not a strict calorie counter..but I like to balance the food.
These Corn and Cheese Poppers are perfect, spicy and cheesy snack. If you are looking for a tea time snack, I would really recommend to make these. It is ready in no time and are bite sized. I feel they are an amazing party snacks too. They just melt in the mouth like a cotton candy. I prefer them a little spicy. I add both green chilli and chilli flakes to these so that it cuts down the sweetness of corn and makes it spicy. Well, if you don’t prefer it spicy, you can go with a normal one too.
These are really simple to do and you don’t need any fancy ingredients to make these. Just sweet american corn, cheese (preferably mozzarella cheese), green chilies and a few spices. All you have to do is mix all the ingredients together and fry them.
RECIPE: CORN CHEESE POPPERS
Makes : 10 to 12 poppers
Prep Time: 10 mins
- American Sweet Corn- 1 1/2 cup (boiled)
- Mozzarella Cheese- 3/4th cup
- Green Chillies – 2 to 3 chopped
- Potato- 1 (boiled and mashed)
- Cilantro- 2 Tbsp (Finely Chopped)
- All Purpose Flour- 2 Tbsp
- Corn Flour- 2 Tbsp
- Salt- to taste
- Red Chilli Flakes- 1/2 Tsp
- Black Grounded Pepper- 1/4th Tsp
- Oil- For Frying
1. Boil the corn for about 5 mins and griddle them in a mixer just a little so that a few are mashed.
2. In a large bowl, add mashed potato and all the ingredients mentioned under the ingredients heading.
3. Mix all the ingredients nicely, so that they are all combined.
4. Divide in equal proportions, make round balls and deep fry them
5. Fry them on low flame so that they are cooked perfectly from inside.
Your Corn Cheese Poppers are now ready.
For any queries and collaborations contact me at : firstname.lastname@example.org
If you cook or bake anything from Cooking Diary By Shruti…Please Share the Pictures on Instagram or Facebook and Tag @cookingdiarybyshruti. I would love to see them. Also I would feature it on my blog.