As a kid, tarts always attracted me at the bakery shop. I enjoyed them more than anything. Well back then i never thought i would be trying making them at home. Making tarts or pies can be intimidating to make at home. I was very reluctant to try these years ago but once you start making them, you will know there is nothing easier than these.
The only trick here is to get a perfect tart base. Once you have got these right, you can go ahead and experiment with various flavours. The dough for a tart is fairly simple and requires only 4 ingredients i.e flour,sugar,butter and water. The trick though is to use very cold ingredients and to refrigerate your dough before using. This helps in de-activating the gluten and gives you a flaky crust.
This Custard Creme Fresh Fruit Flan has three components. A beautiful edged sweet pastry crust, a luscious custard creme filling & lots of fresh fruit. It looks enticing whether you use a single fruit or a medley of fruits and berries. As i always say ” YOU CAN CREATE YOUR OWN VERSION”
The components of the Fruit Tart can be made a few days in advanced, but you will enjoy the most when you assemble it. They are so gorgeous looking that you wont be able to stop adoring them. And Yes, Be careful – they will finish within minutes. The cookie like pastry crust has a sweet flavour and a crisp texture. The crust is pre-baked in advanced and once cooled.
Of course, the first thing you notice about a fruit tart is the fruit. The fruits can be arranged in concentric circles or rows, or it can be randomly piled on the cream. There are so many fruits to choose from but it is important that the fruit looks and tastes its best. “ Try use as fresh fruits as you can. ” While berries, with their vibrant colors, are always popular, other fruits are nice as well. Slices of kiwi, pineapple, melon, peaches, plums, nectarines, and mango are some fruits that work well. If you like, you can glaze the fruit with either an apricot glaze or red currant jelly (for red colored fruits) to give the fruit a beautiful shine and it also prevents the fruit from drying out.
Lets get started with the recipe now!!
- For the Crust:
- 1 Cup All Purpose Flour
- ¾th Cup Butter
- ¼th Cup Sugar
- 2 Tbsp Cold Water
- For the Custard Creme Filling
- 1 Cup Custard
- 2 Cups Whipped Cream
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Essence
- For the Topping:
- 1 Cup Assorted Fruits
- ¼th Cup Nuts
- Mix together All Purpose Flour & Sugar in a bowl. Add in the butter and mix it in the flour.
- Add in water and combine everything together until a smooth dough is formed.
- Cling wrap it and place it in the refrigerator for at least 15 mins.
- Roll out the Dough, until its ½ cm thick. Circle it out, into your desired Tart Tin Size. Press the dough into your tart tin and make sure you trim the edges.
- Prick the bottom and sides of the pie dough. Repeat the process for all your tart moulds. Now bake for around 15 mins or until its slightly golden.
- Once baked, let it cool before you fill in the custard crème and fruits.
- In a large bowl, add 1 cup Custard. Now start folding in the whipped cream into the custard. Make sure you use gentle hands for this. Once its combined together add in vanilla essence. Keep aside in the fridge and let it cool.
For any queries or collaborations please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org