Chia seeds are great for the body as they are rich in Fibre, Calcium, Iron, Magnesium Protein and Omega 3 fatty acids. I am constantly looking for ways to add more protein and calcium to my diet, and I love how versatile chia seeds are. I love to put them in my smoothies, and sprinkle them on salads or on oatmeal. They are filled with nutrients and puddings are a great way to incorporate them in the daily diet. All the fibre in them , makes a kind of gel when combined with liquid, which makes a great base for a pudding like dessert.
This pudding is gluten free and sugar free and is an absolute great start to the day. You can enjoy it for breakfast or curb your dessert cravings with these. They are super easy to prepare and requires no cooking or baking. The best part is that you can make it overnight and it tastes amazing the next day.
I used dark chocolate to flavour these. You can use any other flavour of your choice. My personal favourite would be Vanilla Chia Seed Pudding which will go up on the blog on Sunday. You can use whatever milk works for you and top it with your favourite berries, fruits, coconut, almonds , chocolate chips and what not.
Lets get started with the recipe now!!!
- 1 cup Almond Milk ( You can use any milk of your choice)
- 4 Tbsp Chia Seeds ( I used the ones from Isayorganic)
- 2 Tbsp of Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 Tsp Organic Raw Honey (optional)
- Fresh fruits and nuts to top it
- Mix together chia seeds, cocoa powder, almond milk, honey and vanilla extract in a glass bowl. Cover the bowl and refrigerate for 30 mins. After 30 mins stir the mixture with a spoon to break up any clumps of seeds. Return the mixture to the refrigerator.
- Refrigerate until the pudding is thick. For best results refrigerate overnight.
- Spoon into serving bowls and enjoy.
If you want me to do more healthy breakfast or dinner recipes, do write to me at firstname.lastname@example.org