What better than starting off the week with some yummy Dark Chocolate Mousse Cake. The bottom layer is a nice and moist chocolate cake, topped with some luscious chocolate mousse and finally topped with sweet whipped cream and some sprinkles. This sounds heavenly, isn’t it.
This cake is like Layers of Chocolate Goodness wrapped in one cake. This cake may seem time consuming, but it’s actually just like building a regular cake – if not faster. Treat the chocolate mousse like frosting; make it while the chocolate cake is baking. This has been my go-to cake recently because it cuts down the decorating time. All you have to do is prepare layers, pour chocolate mousse after cake is cooled, spread whipped cream after chocolate mousse has been refrigerated for a while, and sprinkle chocolate jimmies (or chips, whatever you prefer!).
Lets begin with the recipe now!!
- For the Cake Layer:
- 1½ cup All Purpose Flour
- ½ Cup Dark Coco Powder
- 1 Tsp Baking Soda
- 1½ Tsp Baking Powder
- 1 Pinch Salt
- ¾th Cup Yogurt
- ½ to 1 Cup Sugar ( Depending on how sweet you like your desserts)
- ¼th Cup Melted Butter
- 2 Tbsp Milk ( If the batter is too thick)
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Essence
- For the Chocolate Mousse:
- 1 ½ Cup Dark Chocolate
- ¼th Cup Butter
- ¼th Cup Fresh Cream
- 1 Tsp Vanilla
- 1 Cup Whipped Cream
- In a bowl sieve together all the dry ingredients like flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt and coco powder.
- In another bowl whisk together yogurt and sugar. Add in butter and vanilla and mix well.
- Now fold in the dry ingredients in batches. Add some milk if the batter is too thick thought it is supposed be a little thick. Fold in chocolate chips and save some for the end.
- Pour the batter in a 9" Baking Tin or into 2 loaf tins. Bake in a pre-heated oven for 35 mins at 180 degrees or until the skewer comes out clean. Once cool cut the cake into half. Use the lower half for this recipe.
- In a bowl now, melt together butter, cream and dark chocolate. Once its melted fold in whipped cream just until everthing is combined.Top your cake with some chocolate mousse and let it set in the fridge overnight.
- Top it with some whipped cream and cherries or sprinkles and enjoy!!