Fluffy, Moist, Dense and loaded with my favourite fruits and nuts, this banana loaf is definitely a must try.
If you are a banana lover then this recipe is definitely for you. On the contrary if you don’t like bananas then you might definitely fall in love with these after you eat this loaf. This recipe is by far the best recipe on my blog. Reason being its extremely easy to put together and I can absolutely swear by this recipe every time. If there is one thing I would love to bake any day and any time would be this loaf.
P.S- You can do many variations with this recipe and get a new loaf each time.
Banana Breads or Loafs are an amazing invention. It’s not too sweet and hence can be something you can grab for breakfast with your favourite cup of coffee or you can have as a dessert for all those midnight cravings. Its versatility is what makes me get back to this recipe again and again. Also, unlike other seasonal fruits, bananas are available throughout the year, and baking this loaf becomes alot more easier.
For this recipe you are going to need over ripe bananas. Yes, by over ripe I mean the ones which have a lot of black spots. We mostly tend to throw away such bananas but not anymore. Once you are addicted to this loaf you are going to save all the riped ones to whip up a perfect loaf. At least I do that a lot. The over ripe bananas are extremely sweet naturally and add a lot of moisture to the loaf. Also it makes the loaf really fluffy.
I have added lots of dried apricots, cashews, almonds, walnuts and unsweetened dark chocolate chips to this. You can add any toppings of your choice. You can also add strawberries, blueberries or any of your favourite berries. As I mentioned earlier this loaf is really versatile.
P.S- It’s really addictive. I am warning you before hand. You can’t just stop at once. So if you are a weight watcher this one will surely make you run more. haha… Seriously guys, its really really that delicious.
I am not bragging but it tastes as good as a store bought slice of dry cake or even better may be. It is extremely easy to put together and is fuss free. If you are a beginner at baking, this loaf is totally for you. Ready in about an hour or so, this loaf will not disappoint you at all. The cake tastes best the next day, once all the flavours are incorporated nicely.
Lets get started with the recipe.
- All Purpose Flour- 1½ cup
- Baking Powder- 1 tsp
- Baking Soda- ¼ tsp
- Castor Sugar- ½ cup
- Unsalted Butter- ½ cup
- Buttermilk- ½ cup
- Banana Puree- 1 cup(Grind 2 over ripe bananas into a smooth paste)
- Vanilla Extract- 1 tsp
- Cashews- ¼th cup chopped
- Almonds- ¼th cup chopped
- Dried Apricots- ¼th cup chopped
- Chocolate Chips- ¼th cup
- Sift together all purpose flour,baking powder, baking soda and keep aside. In a separate bowl, whisk together banana puree and butter for a few mins until they are combined. Now add sugar and beat the mixture well.
- Now add the flour mixture alternating it with butter milk to for a smooth cake mixture. Make sure there are no lumps at all. Do not whisk much. Now keep the beater aside and fold in all the nuts and chocolate chips. Fold in these very lightly. Lastly, add vanilla extract and mix everything together….
- Line a 9″ Loaf tin with butter paper. Also grease the sides. Add in the bread mix. Top with sliced pistachios and chocolate chips and bake for at least 40 mins at 180 degrees in a pre-heated oven.
- Each oven is different. Therefore, bake for 35 mins first and poke a skewer to check if the cake is done or not. If it doesn’t come out clean you may bake it for another 10 mins.
For any queries and collaborations contact me at : email@example.com