Christmas is incomplete without chewy gingerbread cookies. Its a must have and bake during christmas. It is perfect not only for eating but also a great christmas gift. Fill in a jar, and gift it to your friends and family. Its warm,spicy and chewy. The day I bake these, my house was filled with the aroma of these cookies.
One of my favourite recipes so far. Lets get started with the recipe now.
- Unsalted butter - 60 gms (softened, at room temperature)
- Brown sugar - ½ Cup
- Molasses- ¾ Cup (You can use honey, maple syrup or date syrup instead)
- All purpose flour - 2 Cups
- Dry ginger powder - 1 Tbsp
- Cinnamon powder - ½ tsp
- Nutmeg powder - ½ tsp
- Instant Coffee powder - ½ tsp
- Cloves powder - ¼ tsp
- Baking powder - 1 tsp
- Baking Soda - 1 tsp
- Milk- 1 tbsp (if required)
- First sieve all the above listed powders (dry ingredients) together in a bowl.
- Take a mixing bowl, add softened butter (room temperature butter), molasses syrup, brown sugar and mix them till fluffy. I used a hand mixer.
- Now add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture in batches and mix nicely. Mix until they feel like little crumbs. Now gather the mixture in your hands and knead them together to form a ball. If the mixture is too dry and unable to form a ball, then add 2-3 Tbsp of milk and mix to make a smooth ball. Cover it with plastic wrap and let it rest in refrigerator for an hour.
- After 1 hr, remove the ball from the fridge and roll it out to ¼ inch thick using rolling pins. For convenience, you can make multiple small balls and roll them. Cut them into desired shapes using a cookie cutter.
- Line the sheet pan with butter paper or grease with butter and then place the cookies with ½ inch gap in between them. Bake them in a pre-heated oven for 10-12 mins (depends on the size of your cookies). Check at regular intervals.
- Remove and let them get cooled in cooling rack. Cookies will become firm only after cooling. Once they are cooled, you can start your icing.
- I don't like the sugar icing, so I decorated them with red ribbons.
I hope you have an amazing day!! If you happen to make this pie then don’t forget to tag me on Instagram or Facebook where you can find me with the username “cookingdiarybyshruti”.
If you are looking for any queries or collaborations then mail me at email@example.com
Lots of Love