Its been a while that I have been planning to do an eggless vanilla sponge recipe as most of you requested for it. Its finally here today. Its eggless, yet light, fluffy, spongy and absolutely delicious. You can mix all the ingredients in one bowl and put it to bake. The best thing is that you need not be a pro while baking these. I have kept the recipe very simple and easy.
- 2 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 1½ Tsp Baking Powder
- 1 Tsp Baking Soda
- ¼th cup Sugar
- ¾th cup Butter
- ½ cup Condensed Milk
- 1 Tbsp Vanilla Essence
- ¾th cup Butter Milk
- Sieve together all purpose flour, baking powder and baking soda and keep aside.
- In a bowl cream together condensed milk, butter and sugar until its well combined. Add in the vanilla essence and mix until the mixture is creamy.
- Now add in the dry ingredients batch by batch, alternating with butter milk. Do not over mix. Just try to fold in the mixture together. You can use a little more buttermilk if the mixture is too thick.
- Its should be smooth without any lumps.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper. I used a 9" cake tin for this. Fill in the batter in the tin upto ¾th. Bake in a preheated oven for 35 mins at 160 degrees.
- Top it with your favourite fruits or icecream and enjoy.
Have you checked out the New Healthy and Sugar Free section on the blog. It has some gluten free breakfast recipes, snacks and sugar free desserts. Check it out!!