Are you a banana bread lover?? If yes, then the banana bread combined with fresh and juicy blueberries is something you need to try….It takes the basic banana bread up a notch & definitely more delicious!!!
Hello Lovely Readers,
I have been away for a while now…but have been working on a couple of new projects and lots of new recipes. Also setting up a new photography station to click better pictures. I know a lot of you already love the pictures on the blog or on Instagram but there isn’t any end to better quality. I want the pictures to be better and better each time. I will also be doing a How to Click and Tips on Photography post soon.
I did share a Fruit & Nut Eggless Banana Bread recipe a couple of months ago, and I have to admit, I am obsessed with it. Ever since then I have baked it couple of times, though the major task is to keep trying and experimenting new recipes yet it kept me hooked. I had a bowl of blueberries lying around… and while I was on to baking another batch of banana bread, I though why not combine the too. It was the Best Decision ever!!!
Blueberries add so much to the regular Banana Bread!! Not only do they lend a berry flavour, but also makes the bread more moist and the texture is absolutely perfect. Biting a slice of this banana bread is almost like having a berry cake, juicy & fruity, but without too much butter and cream. This recipe barely uses about 1/4th cup of butter, as there is banana and yogurt. I need to make more recipes like these which I am so fond of.
The key to a moist and flavourful banana bread is to use very ripe bananas. Before I even consider using the bananas in baking, I wait until they turn black on the outside and get really soft to the touch. When peeled, such bananas are still white inside but very soft and mushy, not really holding their banana shape. Mashing such bananas with a fork is very much like stirring the smoothie: effortless! That’s when bananas are at their sweetest!
P.S- The versatility of this bread is amazing. You can have it both as breakfast, lunch or dinner or desserts..Its light and filling without those extra calories.
Lets get started with the recipe now!!!
- All Purpose Flour- 1 cup
- Whole Wheat Flour- 1 cup
- Baking Powder- 1 tsp
- Baking Soda- ¼ tsp
- Castor Sugar- ¾ th cup
- Unsalted Butter- ¼th cup
- Yogurt - ½ cup
- Banana Puree- 1 cup(Grind 2 over ripe bananas into a smooth paste)
- Vanilla Extract- 1 tsp
- Fresh Blueberry-1/2 cup
- Lemon Zest- ½ tsp
- Sift together all purpose flour,baking powder, baking soda and keep aside. In a separate bowl, whisk together banana puree and butter for a few mins until they are combined. Now add sugar and beat the mixture well.
- Now add the flour mixture alternating it with yogurt for a smooth cake mixture. Make sure there are no lumps at all. Do not whisk much. Now keep the beater aside and fold in blueberry.
- Fold in these very lightly. Lastly, add vanilla extract and mix everything together….
- Line a 9″ Loaf tin with butter paper. Also grease the sides. Add in the bread mix.
- Bake for at least 40 mins at 180 degrees in a pre-heated oven.
- Each oven is different. Therefore, bake for 35 mins first and poke a skewer to check if the cake is done or not. If it doesn’t come out clean you may bake it for another 10 mins.
This time around I have a series of special recipes including Sweet & Savoury that will be coming up from tomorrow. Its Diwali special and you can make all these amazing recipes for the big day. All the recipes will be Eggless and Quick. Watch out this space for more interesting recipes.
For any queries and collaborations contact me at : email@example.com