I am building up my series of healthy and gluten free meals on my blog. If you want any recipe additions or would like to see something up on the blog, then do let me know. I would love to try new recipes and create a balance. Today on the blog is a very special recipe and its one of my favourites.
This recipe is very versatile in terms of combination of flavours and textures. You can use any vegetable and seasoning of your choice. I chose Broccoli as its very healthy and one of my favourites. Sesame seeds is another ingredient that i love. It adds so much texture and a desired nutty-ness to the dish.
Roasted Garlic adds a unique flavour to the entire combination. Lets get started with the recipe now.
- 1 Cup Cooked Pearl Couscous ( You can use regular couscous or quinoa for the recipe and cook it as per instructions)
- 1 Cup Blanched Broccoli
- ¾th Cup Corn
- ¾th Cup Tomatoes
- 2 to 3 Tbsp Sesame Seeds
- 1 Tbsp Roasted Garlic
- 2 to 4 Tbsp Green Onions ( Just chop the greens)
- 2 Tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1 Tsp Pepper Powder
- Salt to taste
- 2 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- In a non-stick pan add 1 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive oil. Once hot, add in sesame seeds and toast for less than a minute. Now throw in broccoli. Add in roasted garlic, salt, pepper and soy sauce.
- Cook it until everything is combined.
- Take it out in a bowl. In the same pan, add another tablespoon of olive oil. Add in the cooked couscous once the oil is hot. Add in greens of onion, salt and pepper and some soy sauce.
- To serve you can either toss all the vegetables in the pan now or serve like i did.
- In a single serve skillet, place the couscous, and rest of the vegetables on the side.
- Enjoy your meal.