If you follow me on Instagram, then you already know that I’ve been on a major pancake kick. Ever since I discovered my favourite ratio of ingredients to make pancake batter , I’ve been enjoying every bit of it. Initially it was tough to make a eggless pancake and I always was skeptical about the texture of it. But then, after a few fails, I definitely had the best pancakes. By the way, have you tried my Apple Cinnamon Pancakes & Chocolate Strawberry Pancakes yet??? You should really try them.
Though both of them above are my absolute favourite, and made out of whole wheat flour, I wanted to try something gluten free and sugar free this time. So I tried 2 of my favourite ingredients these days i.e OATS and STRAWBERRIES. Its my breakfast every second day now. These Oats and Banana Pancakes are really addictive and have no added sugar or butter which is great. Banana not only makes them sweet and soft, but also acts as a great replacement for egg. You can make a vegan version by adding almond milk or water in the batter instead of regular milk.
The thing I love most about these Oatmeal Banana pancakes is that I can easily add in a couple more ingredients to make them different flavors. Add in some cacao or cocoa powder for chocolate pancakes, peanut flour for peanut butter pancakes, and cinnamon for festive fall pancakes. Add in some baking powder and a pinch of salt to make them puff up a little more.
Another thing I love about pancakes is getting to experiment with different toppings. I topped them with my favourite fruits that is Kiwi, Strawberries and Bananas. With a slight drizzle of organic raw honey, this one can definitely serve as a treat early morning. Get creative and jazz up this simple recipe to create your favourite pancakes!
Lets get started with the recipe now!!!
- For the Pancakes
- 1 cup Oats ( I used Quaker Oats)
- 1 ripe Banana
- ¾th cup Milk
- ¼th tsp Cinnamon Powder (Optional)
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract (Optional)
- 1 pinch Salt
- For the topping
- ½ cup Fresh Strawberry
- ½ cup Fresh Kiwi
- ½ cup Banana
- ¼th cup Raw Organic Honey
- Heat a non-stick skillet over medium heat. You want to make sure the pan is heated before you pour the pancake batter on, otherwise they may stick.
- Combine all of the ingredients, mentioned under the pancakes section, into a blender and blend until just combined and fairly smooth.
- Pour the batter onto your warmed skillet, creating whatever sized pancake rounds that you desire. When bubbles start to appear on the surface of the pancakes, flip them over and allow them to cook through. Adjust the heat of your stove as necessary.
- Place the pancakes on a plate and top with your favourite fruits and enjoy!!!