Its getting cold in here, and its my favourite time of the year, because I get to enjoy hot soups. I love soups and all kinds. My winter dinners are sorted because it has to be any one variety of soup.
My Hearty Minestrone Soup is packed full of veggies and lots of flavour!! It’s perfect for chilly weather!! This cozy and comforting soup is healthy and filling. Best of all its a one pot meal and is ready in less than 30 mins. You can add some kidney beans or any other kind of beans to make it more protein packed. I like it either ways. It has a rich tomato base, and once that is ready you can add all your favourite vegetables. A complete dinner meal this one just sorts you in a winter evening.
Lets get started with the recipe now!!
- Ripe Red Tomatoes- 4 to 5
- Red Onion- 1 Finely Chopped
- Garlic- 3 to 4 Cloves finely chopped
- Bay Leaf- 1
- 2 cup Vegetables- Diced ( Use Carrots, Zucchini, Broccoli, Mushroom, Cauliflower, Potato)
- Olive Oil- 2 Tbsp
- Salt and Pepper- To taste
- Boil the tomatoes, peel of the skin and grind them in a mixer to make a fine puree.
- In a pot, heat some olive oil, add onions, garlic and bay leaf.
- Cook until the onion starts sweating, add the tomato puree
- Add salt and pepper and cook this for about 5 mins
- Add in all the vegetables along with 2 to 3 cups of vegetable stock. You can use water if you dont have the stock
- Tear in some basil leaves and parsley.
- Cover it and let it simmer for about 10 mins.
- Pour it in a serving bowl and top it with some fresh basil and parmesan cheese.