I can’t believe its NOVEMBER already. This year just flew by with lots of baking and lots of fun. I started taking workshops this year which is why it was so special to me. A lot of you have been asking me to start a youtube channel. I am working on it guys and I want it to happen in a very proper way. I am working hard to make it look and present it to you guys in the way I want to.
You will have to wait till the start of this next year for it. Keeping that aside, I am also doing a e-recipe booklet series where I will be sharing some special recipes which are not on my blog. That should be out by December. So yeah, keeping all the upcoming work aside, I wanted to talk to you about LEMON TARTS.
Lemon Tarts are my absolute favourite. Not everyone has a taste for lemon tarts, and not everyone likes it, but I can have it each day and everyday. I love how the citrusy lemon curd stands out with the flaky tart crust and its an absolute delight to eat it. The tarts are very easy to make. The tricky part is the lemon curd. Now these days, you can get lemon curd easily in the market as lots of company’s are making it, If you want to make it at home, I have got an easy recipe for you.
Lets get started with the recipe now.
- For the Crust:
- 1 Cup All Purpose Flour
- ¾th Cup Butter
- ¼th Cup Sugar
- 2 Tbsp Cold Water
- For the Lemon Curd
- ¼th Cup Butter
- 1 Tbsp Lemon Zest
- ¾ cup Lemon Juice
- ½ cup sugar
- 3 large eggs + 4 large egg yolks
- Mix together All Purpose Flour & Sugar in a bowl. Add in the butter and mix it in the flour.
- Add in water and combine everything together until a smooth dough is formed.
- Cling wrap it and place it in the refrigerator for at least 15 mins.
- Roll out the Dough, until its ½ cm thick. Circle it out, into your desired Tart Tin Size. Press the dough into your tart tin and make sure you trim the edges.
- Prick the bottom and sides of the pie dough. Repeat the process for all your tart moulds. Now bake for around 15 mins or until its slightly golden.
- Once baked, let it cool before you fill in the lemon custard.
- For the Lemon Curd:
- Mix everything for the lemon filling in a bowl except the egg yolks and put on the double boiler.
- Keep whisking till slightly warm. Add in the egg yolks and whisk well. Let it cook over a double boiler till thick consistency about 30 mins. Add lemon zest.
- To assemble the tarts, take the tart shells, and pipe the cooled lemon filling into it. Top it with some fresh or dried mint, pistachios, blueberries and finally dust some sugar.
For any Brand Collaborations or any Queries e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org