Creamy, Oozy and loaded with Cheese, this Mac & Cheese Pot Pie is definitely a show stopper on my blog. This indulgence is worth it…I promise!!!
Hello Lovely Readers,
I have been trying lots of amazing recipes for Diwali which are simple, easy and quick. This is definitely a star of them all. Who doesn’t love a hot and cheesy bowl of Mac & Cheese. A little twist, I have filled them in ramekins and covered it with bread which has been brushed with mixed herbs and butter. It serves as a perfect side dish or main course as well. The individual servings make it all the more appealing.
The Mac & Cheese recipe is quite simple though…didn’t variate much with the classic version. Just a bit addition would be lots of milk and cheese. That is something you can’t compromise on. There would be no Mac & Cheese if it isn’t loaded with cheese. I have used Cheddar Cheese in this with bits of Mozzarella. You can use the regular processed cheese too. Mixed with Pepper, Chilli Flakes, Parsley, and some garlic, its a burst of flavours in the mouth.
What stands out the most is the texture of this recipe. Its crunchy on the outside, while gooey and cheesy on the inside. Couldn’t be a better combination than this. My favourite moment would be, looking it rise while baking. The golden and crispy crust makes it all the more appealing.
Lets get started with the recipe now.
- Butter- 3 Tbsp
- All Purpose Flour- 2 Tbsp
- Milk- 2½ cups
- Cheddar Cheese- 1 cup
- Mozzarella Cheese- ½ cup
- Parsley- Handful
- Salt- To taste
- Pepper- ½ to 1 Tsp
- Chilli Flakes- ½ to 1 Tsp
- Elbow Macaroni- 1 cup
- Bread Slices- 2
- Boil the macaroni according to packet instructions. Make sure you don't over boil it. Keep it aside.
- In a pan, add some butter, all purpose flour and cook it until light brown. Add the milk and cheese and cook it for about 2 mins.
- Add the boiled macaroni along with the seasonings. Cook it for about 10 mins until its thick and creamy.
- Grease the ramekins with some butter. Pour the Mac & Cheese mix.
- Cut the bread slice into circle... brush some milk in the edges and cover the ramekins with it. Make sure you stick the edges well.
- Top the crust with some butter and herbs.
- Bake these in a pre-heated oven for about 15 mins at 180 degrees or until golden and crispy.
For any queries and collaborations contact me at : firstname.lastname@example.org