Diwali is incomplete without lots of good food. Moong Dal Halwa top’s the list.
“May your life be a perfect recipe with flavours of joy, lots of fun, base of good health & adventure according to taste”
Moong Dal Halwa ( Diwali Edition)
Yummy and Perfect Moong Dal Halwa!!
Author: Shruti Agrawal
Recipe type: Dessert
Serves: 2 bowls
- Moong Dal- 1 cup
- Ghee- ¾th cup
- Sugar- 1 cup
- Khoya- ¾th cup
- Cardamom Powder- 1 tsp
- Saffron- ½ tsp
- Almond Flakes-1/2 cup
- Food Color- Orange( Optional)
- Soak the moong dal overnight, or in hot water for about 2 hours.
- Grind it into a fine paste without any water. Make sure the paste is thick.
- Warm half the ghee in a pan, once its warm, add the dal paste and and keep stirring continuously.
- The mixture will stick to the bottom, but have patience and keep stirring. Add little by little ghee, and keep roasting the mixture for about 10-15 mins on low flame.
- You will see it becoming grainy and turning to a beautiful golden colour.
- Once the dal mixture has cooked well, and has turned golden, and is no more sticky, add khoya.
- Now keep stirring well
- Add the sugar, and mix well.
- Once everything has come together, add the food color, saffron, dry fruits and cardamom powder.
- Your halwa is ready.