This festive season would be all the more amazing with these mini, bite-sized donut pops filled with warm and gooey nutella!!! This will surely be the star at any Diwali Party…I promise!!
Hello lovely readers,
I hope you are enjoying the Diwali series. Today is the fourth recipe, and I am extremely excited and happy for this one. Most importantly because its a little different from those Indian Sweets(not that I don’t love them) and secondly because it EGGLESS!!
To be very honest, this recipe came as a complete surprise to me. It was just a quick experiment in the kitchen where I wanted something chocolaty and bite sized. These aren’t fried, but brushed with butter, coated with sugar and not to forget filled with Nutella. Sorry for all you weight watchers, but hey, its Diwali and calorie counting can definitely take a back seat.
I used mini muffin pan to make these. A batter made with flour, sugar, cinnamon, vanilla, and butter filled in the muffin pan, and baked until cooked. I coated them in sugar, you can use cinnamon sugar too..but I rather like the cinnamon in the mixture itself. You can also use a sugar glaze or chocolate glaze if you like.
I made them today, and I should have made more, as it was over in no time. I have even lost count on how many did I eat. Definitely make them again on weekend for everyone else to enjoy it. This is an amazing treat for friends and family visiting over diwali. Breakfast, Dessert, Mid-day snack, Mid-night cravings, these fit into each category..you choose..
Lets get started with the recipe now!!
- All Purpose Flour- 1 and ½ cup
- Baking Powder- 1 tsp
- Baking Soda- ¼th tsp
- Sugar- 2 tbsp
- Cinnamon- ½ tsp (optional)
- Milk- 1 cup
- Vanilla- 1 tsp
- Salt- a pinch
- Butter- 2 tbsp
- Icing Sugar- ½ cup
- Nutella Chocolate Hazelnut Spread- ½ cup
- Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon powder, salt and keep aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together butter and sugar. Add in the dry ingredients, alternating it with milk, in order to get a smooth mixture. Don't over mix.
- In a muffin pan, pour 1 tbsp of the batter into each muffin cup, add half tbsp NUTELLA, and then top it with another tbsp of the batter. Make sure you fill each of them this way.
- Bake it in a preheated oven for about 8-10 mins at 160 degrees.
- Let it cool on a wire rack.
- Coat it in icing sugar and you are ready to serve.
- It tastes amazing warm and cold..serve it with some ice-cream topped with nutella.
For any queries and collaborations contact me at : email@example.com