No, Like Really..I mean it. This is a one Pot Recipe. This has Pumpkin it it. And its a healthy Macaroni and Cheese. Win-Win?
Like mac and cheese that is healthy? Noodles with sauce that will secretly give you vegetables. Creamy sauce without boatloads of butter and flour. Favourite comfort food that packs a little nutrition.
This healthy mac and cheese is perfect for times when you don’t want anything really far outside of the box. Just maybe a little healthier and homemade. And more vegetables and less butter. BONUS??
If that’s you (and if you can’t tell, it’s definitely me right now), then this is your stuff. Please do try this recipe at home and you won’t be disappointed. I PROMISE!!!
Lets get started with the recipe now!!!
- 1 Cup Elbow Macaroni ( You can choose any shape and type)
- 3 Cups cubed Pumpkin, peeled and de-seeded
- 2 Tbsp Butter
- ½ Cup vegetable broth or water
- ¾ Cup milk
- ¾th Cup Cheddar Cheese
- ½ Tsp paprika
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Cook the Macaroni as per packet instructions. Make sure you don't over cook. Cooking until al dante.
- Meanwhile, peel the pumpkin and remove the seeds. Cut into large chunks. Boil the pumpkin until completely tender and then drain. Place in a blender and puree.
- Now in a pan, add the butter. Pour in the pumpkin puree. Add other ingredients like milk, cheese, broth, salt and pepper. Cook until its smooth and creamy.
- Now add the cooked macaroni.
- Top it with some freshly ground pepper and parsley.
If you are looking for any collaborations or queries then please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org