This is the quickest and possibly the easiest brownies you will ever make. They are fudgy, dense, super chocolaty and has an amazing texture. Its not dry like other mug cakes.
Ok, so you’re probably so over mug cakes and brownies and you’re probably rolling your eyes at me right now but STOP! I promise you this isn’t like any other mug cake out there. I’ve tried a bunch of mug cakes and I hated them. They felt like undercooked and too spongy.I thought they were a really neat concept for a quick dessert fix but nothing would ever beat baking an entire cake or cupcake. I hated that all the mug cakes came out SPONGY and they had the grossest texture.
Some days ago I was CRAVING brownies like none other. I was in no mood to bake that day so I thought I’d give a mug brownie a shot. It ended up turning into a recipe development hour because I didn’t want it to go wrong.
You guys, this is the yummiest brownie in a mug I’ve ever tasted before. I’m not joking! You have to try this and see for yourself. It’s a great alternative to baking an entire pan of brownies & it’s a super awesome quick fix for that chocolate craving! Also the best part about these are that you can load it with your favourite condiments and they just turn into a sundae. Like a BROWNIE SUNDAE. I topped mine with ice-cream, whipped cream, chocolate sauce and some chocolate wafers. You can choose any topping of your choice.
Lets get started with the recipe now!!
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup milk
- 2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon nutella spread
- 1 scoop vanilla ice-cream
- 1 tablespoon chocolate sauce
- Some wafer and condiments of your choice
- In a medium bowl, whisk together dry ingredients.
- Whisk in the milk and vegetable oil until all ingredients are combined and batter has no clumps.
- Pour batter into a microwave-safe mug. Make sure you only fill in the mug half. Not more than that. . You want enough head space for the cake to rise without pouring over.
- Add 1 tbsp. of hazelnut chocolate spread in the middle of the batter. Just drop it in the middle, no need to push it down and sink it in the batter.
- Microwave mug cake for 100 seconds on medium.
- Carefully remove from microwave, top it with your favourite condiments and enjoy!!
Follow me on Instagram for daily updates. Here is the link to my profile.