Ready for fall?? I totally am with this delicious Pumpkin Pie Pancakes. Its light, healthy, fluffy and oh so delicious. Spiced with all the warm spices like cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and vanilla this one is sure to be a daily routine soon.
If you love pancakes, this is one recipe I would recommend you to try this season.Lets get started with the recipe straight away.
- ¾th Cup Whole Wheat Flour
- ¼th Cup Oats Flour
- 2 Tsp Baking Powder
- ¾th Tsp Baking Soda
- ¼th Tsp Salt
- ½ Tsp Cinnamon Powder
- ¼th Tsp Nutmeg Powder
- ¼th Tsp Ground Ginger
- ¼th Tsp Ground Clove
- 2 Tsp Vanilla Essence
- ¾th Cup Pumpkin Puree ( Boil the pumpkin without skin and puree) or use canned puree
- ¼th Cup Apple Sauce (Boil the apples without skin and puree) or use canned puree
- ¼th Cup Light Brown Sugar
- 4 Tbsp Melted Butter
- 1 or 1½ Cup Buttermilk
- In a large bowl whisk together the butter, brown sugar, applesauce, pumpkin puree, buttermilk and together until smooth. Add in vanilla, baking powder,baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger, clove and nutmeg and mix well. Lastly add both the flour and fold in. Do not overmix as it will kill the air in the batter.
- Pour about half a ladle onto a medium hot pan and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, until the edges start to firm up. Flip the pancakes and finish cooking for 1-2 minutes on the other side.
- Serve hot with maple syrup, butter and walnuts.