Looking for a healthy quinoa recipe or wondering what’s the best way to cook quinoa? Look no further! Here is an amazing recipe for Quinoa Veggie Bowls which is not only super easy to make but power packed with lots of fresh vegetables and mildly spiced with only salt, pepper and lemon juice.
If any food deserves the title of “superfood,” it’s quinoa. Not only is quinoa high in protein, calcium, iron, and fiber, it’s also gluten-free! Quinoa is versatile and easy to make, and it contains omega-3 fatty acids for a healthy heart. If you are a quinoa fan or are just looking to add this superfood to your diet, here is a recipe that you are going to love!!
Lets get started with the recipe now!!
- 2 Cups Cooked Quinoa ( Cook as per packet instructions. Its very similar to cooking rice)
- 2 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Cloves Garlic smashed
- 1 Small Sweet Onion Chopped
- 2 Cups of Assorted Veggies ( I used pumpkin, zucchini, peas, carrots, spinach, cherry tomatoes)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 Tsp Lemon Juice
- Cook Quinoa as per packet instructions. Make sure its cooked well.
- In a pan, add some olive oil, and garlic together. Let the garlic turn golden, then add onions.
- Once the onion turns transparent add all the other vegetable except spinach and tomato because we dont want to overcook them.
- Let the veggies cook for about 5 mins. I like a little crunch in them. You can cook more if you like. Lastly add in the spinach and cherry tomatoes. Just when the spinach starts wilting add in the seasonings. Finally add in the lemon juice and serve.
- You can add some water if you feel its too dry.
- One of my easiest and healthiest dinner meals.