In between the Christmas Baking I have a Paprika Hummus Recipe which is perfect to take a break from the sweet christmas treats.
Hummus is a chickpea based dip and a staple at any Levantine Table spread. It was mostly popular in Middle East, Turkey etc but now is famous across the world. What I love about hummus is that you can really experiment with it. You can include spices such as coriander seeds, cumin, paprika , dried chilli flakes and all sorts of things. You might also come across hummus blended with red-paprika, sun dried tomatoes, and even caramelised onions.
I think this is the easiest thing I have made so far. Trust me when I say this. Hummus is a proof that some of the best tasting things in life are the simplest to make. It can be rustled up with just 5 to 6 ingredients and requires no cooking at all- only a food processor. (Really *WINK*) The hummus recipe below will give you a perfect basic hummus recipe and also a solid base from which you can work on to experiment more new flavour if you like.
Lets get started with the recipe now!!!
- Chickpeas- 200 gms soaked ( You can also use the canned ones)
- Tahini- 4 Tbsp ( You can use Yogurt Instead of this)
- Garlic- 2 to 3 cloves( Don’t add more than this)
- Sea Salt- 1 tsp
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil- 6 Tbsp ( Some more for drizzling)
- Lemon Juice- 3 Tbsp
- Cumin Powder- 1 Tsp
- Salt & Pepper- To Taste
- Paprika- 1 tsp ( Some extra to drizzle on top)
- Coriander- 2 Tbsp (Optional and extra to add on top)
- Rinse the chickpeas in cold water and and tip into the food processor. Add the tahini, garlic, salt, lemon juice, coriander, paprika and olive oil. You can also add some water for a better consistency. Blend until everything is smooth and combined.
- Now tip it into the serving dish and drizzle it with some extra virgin olive oil, sprinkle some paprika and finely chopped coriander.
For any queries and collaborations contact me at : firstname.lastname@example.org
If you cook or bake anything from Cooking Diary By Shruti…Please Share the Pictures on Instagram or Facebook and Tag @cookingdiarybyshruti. I would love to see them. Also I would feature it on my blog.