One food that is on top charts for most of the people I know would be potato fries. We all have it in some way or the other, with various dips or just the way it is. No denying that fried or baked, potatoes surely are a part of every get together or meals.
Before I begin the recipe today, let me WARN YOU!! This recipe is extremely addictive and if you have more than 2 people waiting every second as to when the oven would stop, then Please..Please..Please bake them in a huge batch. Trust me, I do not mean to scare you at all, but just want you to have enough to share with your friends or family.
These Roasted Garlic & Rosemary Potato Wedges are one of a kind. It is extremely strong in terms of flavors yet makes you crave for more. These are baked in the oven but there is no compromise on the taste (I can promise you that). Many think that baked potatoes are for the healthy eaters and they taste too blahh..but try this recipe and I am sure you wouldn’t be disappointed.
The recipe is extensively simple, and just a handful of ingredients from your pantry would be enough to make these. Also you can play a lot in terms of flavors in this recipe. You can skip the garlic if you want to..(although that is the star ingredient of the recipe).. You could also add any seasoning of your choice. Its versatile in that ways. Follow the recipe just the way it is…and its absolutely divine.
You may fry the potatoes if you want but they taste the best when baked. I have par boiled the potatoes for about 5 mins in salt water. Then cut them into wedges without peeling the skin off. Potato skin is really healthy and they taste soo much better with it. Make sure you clean the potatoes well before boiling them. Once you cut them, transfer them to a baking tray.
The key is to marinate the potatoes well with extra virgin olive oil, spices, and rosemary. Leave them for a while so that the flavors are infused well together. Also the trick to get a hint of roasted garlic flavor is to roast garlic along with the potatoes. Its smells amazing and that roasted garlic clove along with the potato is absolutely divine.
Lets get started with the recipe now.
- 3-4 Large Par Boiled Potatoes, sliced into wedges
- 4 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 Tsp Salt (according to taste)
- 1 Tsp Garlic Powder
- 2 Tsp Italian Seasoning
- 1 Tsp Chilli Flakes
- Fresh Rosemary & Parsley
- 2 Garlics Flowers (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees. Lightly grease a large baking tray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, place the potatoes. Drizzle Olive oil, salt, garlic powder, italian seasoning, chilly flakes, rosemary and parsley.
- Place potato wedges on prepared baking tray in a single layer with skin side downwards.Also place to Garlic Flowers cut on top in the baking tray. Roasted Garlic tastes amazing along with the potatoes. Bake for 25 to 35 mins until the potatoes turn golden.
- Serve hot with your favorite dip.