Looking for a quick and easy pie??? Then Galette is the best thing for you. Its perfect for beginners and tastes oh so amazing. Its one of my favourites and especially because you can serve them with so many things.
I can’t tell you how amazing is the aroma of these peach galettes. I just couldn’t hold on for them to be out of the oven so that I could dig on them. These were over in an hour guys. REALLY.
I baked and shot these a couple of days ago and also baked them for the workshop yesterday. It was a huge hit. This one is a 9″ Galette but if you want you can definitely make smaller versions of these like probably 3″ or 4″. Those make perfect for a single serve dessert. Though I like nice slices of the 9″ Galette, served with some Vanilla Ice-cream. It just makes up for any store bought dessert.
I was never a very big fan of fruits in my desserts. I always preferred chocolate over anything else. But lately I have been loving baking and making desserts from fruits. I think they are so versatile and add so much more flavour, colour and texture to any dessert. You will see a whole lot of desserts loaded with fresh and seasonal fruits on my blog.
Coming to this recipe…I believe galettes are really fuss free in comparison to pies. All you need to do is place your peach mix on a rolled out pie crust and fold the edges. Yes..they are really simple. You need to have a perfect pie crust to make these. You can either use a store bought crust or make it all by yourself.
Lets get started with the recipe now!!!
- For the Crust:
- 1 ½ Cups All Purpose Flour/Wheat Flour
- 2 to 3 Tbsp of Powdered Sugar
- ¾th Cup or 80 gms of Cold Butter
- ¼th Cup or 50 ml of Ice Cold Water (More if Needed)
- ¼ the Cup Milk
- Additional Sugar for Sprinkling
- For the Filling:
- 2 to 3 Ripe Peaches (Pitted, Peeled and Sliced)
- 2 Plums (Pitted, Peeled and Sliced)
- 2 Tbsp Sugar
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Essence
- 1 Tsp Cornflour (Optional)
- Mix together All Purpose Flour & Sugar in a bowl. Add in the butter and mix it in the flour. with your fingers until you get a breadcrumb like texture.
- Add in water and combine everything together until a smooth dough is formed.
- Cling wrap it and place it in the refrigerator for at least 15 mins.
- Mix the peaches and plums together in a medium bowl. Add the sugar and vanilla, tossing well to coat the fruit. Set aside and allow the mixture to soak as you prepare the crust.Preheat oven. Line a large baking tray with parchment paper .
- On a lightly floured surface, roll the dough into a 12-inch circle. Trim the rim of the circle to make a clean cut if desired. Transfer dough to the prepared baking sheet.
- Spoon the fruit into the center of the dough, leaving a 2-3 inch border all around,. Gently fold the edges of the dough over the fruit, overlapping the dough as necessary. Press gently to seal the edges. Pour most of the reserved juices over the fruit, leaving about 1-2 Tablespoons behind.
- Brush the crust with the milk and sprinkle with sugar. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until the crust is golden brown, Remove from the oven and allow to slightly cool before serving.
- Serve warm with some vanilla ice-cream or peach crush.