Hope you are having an amazing weekend. I am doing a lot of recipe testing and baking this weekend. If you are following me on instagram, you will get to see a lot of new recipes and desserts. This time around, I am also working on some healthy savoury options for lunch and dinner.
So today’s recipe is really special as a lot of you have been requesting me to do this. Its an eggless Pizza Dough recipe. Quick and easy homemade pizza dough recipe from scratch, requiring basic ingredients and 30 mins rise time. Best pizza dough ever and you can freeze it for later as well.
Your search for the PERFECT no fail homemade pizza dough recipe comes to an end today!
This BASIC pizza dough recipe comes together in LESS that an hour, which is perfect for family pizza nights. There is about 20 mins of prep time, 30 mins of rise time and about 20 to 25 mins of baking. Its perfect when you want to enjoy a Pizza with your favourite toppings at home.
7 Secrets to a Perfect Dough that I have learn through various failed attempts and recipe testing:-
- Choosing the right kind of FLOUR for your pizza dough is important. Without it, all the other tips have less of an impact on the final product, so let’s start off well! Use all purpose flour for a crispy yet chewy pizza. If you use only Whole Wheat Flour, your pizza is likely to be less chewy. You can combing all purpose flour and whole wheat flour too.. but that will change the texture of your pizza. So be sure of what you want your pizza to be like.
- Use “ACTIVE DRY YEAST” & not Insant Yeast for your dough. Now some of you will say that Instant Yeast works best, but its not everyone’s cup of tea. Make sure your yeast has NOT expired. If it’s too old, it won’t bloom/ poof and your dough won’t rise.
- Another thing you need to be careful about is TEMPERATURE OF WATER. Water must be warm and not hot. The recommended temperature is between 100 degrees F- 110 degrees F. If the temperature of the water when mixing the ingredients is a few degrees too hot, you’ll murder the yeast and your project is done! If the water is too cold, you’ll fail to activate or “wake up” the yeast, and you’ll get the same result. If you are able to put in your finger, and can hold it in the water for 10 seconds, its perfect for the dough.
- One of the most important steps in my opinion is KNEADING THE DOUGH. Kneading the dough is the most important part in bread making. Once you have combined all the ingredients of the dough together you have to knead it for about 8 to 10 mins. This helps to form the gluten in the bread. If you knead the dough perfectly you get a really nice textured bread. You cannot skip this step.
- LET THE DOUGH RISE. YES, you might be very impatient and would be wanting to bake immediately, but wait…I promise it will be worth it. Let the dough rise for at least 20 mins after kneading.
- Make sure you STRECH THE DOUGH WITH YOUR HAND. This is a great finesse technique that everyone should use if possible. Using a rolling pin squishes out any air in the dough (and later, the crust) so your crust won’t be as airy, crispy and light.
- Make sure you MEASURE YOUR INGREDIENTS. I always keep on repeating this that when you are baking anything, measurement of the ingredients is very important. Do not add anything more or less. Follow the recipe to get perfection.
You can add some dried herbs and seasonings to make this dough even more FLAVOURFUL. This dough is great for breadsticks, cheesy garlic bread and cheese sticks too.This dough is also great for grilling and BBQ. LETS GET STARTED WITH THE RECIPE NOW!!
- 2 cups Warm water
- 2 Tsp Active dry yeast
- 1 Tbsp Granulated sugar
- 4 cups All-Purpose flour
- 2 to 4 Tbsp Olive oil
- 1 Tbsp Salt
- 1 Tsp Italian seasoning Optional
- ½ Tsp Garlic powder Optional
- In a small bowl, mix together warm water, yeast and sugar. Cover it with a cling wrap and Let it sit for 10 minutes at room temperature until the yeast blooms or "poofs" and becomes foamy.
- In another bowl, add ¾th of the flour, oil and the "poofed" yeast. Mix it well.
- Add the remaining flour, salt, Italian seasoning, garlic powder and continue mixing. Now take it on a flat surface and dust it with some flour. Knead it for atleast 5 to 7 mins until its smooth.
- Transfer dough to a large greased bowl and cover with saran wrap and let it rise for 30 minutes.
- Remove dough from the bowl and place it on a floured surface.
- Knead it with additional flour (a few tablespoons at a time) to get rid of any stickiness.
- Divide the dough into two equal parts and shape them into balls.
- Roll them thin on a well-floured surface and place them on two generously greased round pizza pans.
- Spread pizza sauce and toss your favorite toppings and lots of cheese.
- Bake in a preheated 180 degrees oven for 18-20 minutes or until firm and golden brown along the edges. Enjoy!