One comfort meal that I totally swear by has to be Pasta. I love it in any and every form. But having said that Spaghetti Arrabiata is one of my top favourites. Its so easy to cook, delicious and quick. You can have this any time of the day, I prefer it during lunch or an evening snack.
The best part is that you can customise it the way you want to do it. You can add veggies or you can completely avoid it like I have done. I like my spaghetti really spicy, so I had dried red chillies, roasted chilli flakes and some pepper to it. The dried chillies give it a nice colour and flavour too. I don’t like too much vegetables into this, so I used the classic onions and garlic. You can definitely add mushrooms, broccoli, zucchini, corn, bell peppers or anything of your choice.
The sauce is a very basic sauce made out of tomatoes, onions, garlic and lots of extra virgin olive oil. There is nothing better than the classic tomato sauce for eating spaghetti.
Lets get started with the recipe now.
- 100 gms spaghetti ( I used Borges Spaghetti)
- ¼th cup extra virgin olive oil ( Used Borges Extra Virgin Olive Oil)
- 2 medium onions chopped
- 5 to 6 cloves of garlic
- 6 large red tomatoes
- A handful of basil leaves
- Salt to Taste
- Pepper to Taste
- 4 to 5 dried red chilli whole
- ¼th cup Grated Parmesan
- 2 Tbsp kethcup
- 1 pinch Sugar
- Pasta Seasoning
- Roasted Red Chilli Flakes to taste
- Boil the spaghetti as per the packet instructions and make sure you do not over boil it.
- Keep it aside.
- In a pan, add olive oil, garlic and dried red chilli and cook on very low flame until the garlic turns golden. Add onions and cook it until golden. Add fresh tomato puree. Make sure you cook the tomatoes for atleast 10 mins until the colour changes to red.
- Now add the seasoning ingredients like chilli flakes, pasta seasonings, salt, pepper and fresh basil.
- Lastly add boiled pasta to the pan. Mix everything really well.
- Top it up with some more fresh basil and grated parmesan.
- Serve with a slice of bread.