The weekend is here and its time to indulge in some yummy food. What better than some pasta for the weekend isn’t it??? This Spaghetti in Marinara Sauce with Pepper Mushrooms is one of my absolute favourites. Its super simple, quick and perfect for the lazy weekend.
Like obviously, none of us want to spend a lot of time in the kitchen. Its delicious and nothing less than a restaurant style spaghetti. Actually its even better than that. All you have to do it throw in all the ingredients in one pot and you are good to go. You can go with any other vegetable if you don’t like Mushrooms. You can use Zucchini, Broccoli, Corn, Olives, Squash, Eggplant etc. Follow the same recipe.
Enjoy this with your favourite TV show over the weekend and I am sure you will thank me.
P.S- You don’t need to be an exceptional cook to make these. Its perfect for beginners.
Lets get started with the recipe now.
- Half Packet Spaghetti ( Of your choice. You can choose a wholewheat option too)
- For the Marinara Sauce:
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 5 cloves garlic, minced ( You can use less or more depending on your taste)
- 2 Cups Mashed Tomatoes ( Boil and Peel the tomatoes and puree them leaving it a lil chunky)
- ¼ cup freshly chopped basil
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- For the Pepper Mushrooms:
- 1 Cup Sliced Mushrooms
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- ½ Cup Onions Sliced
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Take a large pot and fill it with water. Add 1 Tbsp Salt. Once it comes to a roaring boil, add the spaghetti in. Let it cook for 5-7 mins or until its done as per your liking. Drain the excess water and keep it aside.
- In a pan, add some olive oil and garlic. Let it cook on very low flame until the garlic is cooked. Add in the chopped onions and saute. Add the mashed tomato and let it cook for atleast 5 mins. Add in the remaining ingredients like sugar, salt, pepper, tomato paste and basil. Let it then cook on low flame for atleast 10 to 15 mins until the sauce changes colour and all the excess water is evaporated.
- While your sauce is cooking, in another pan, add some olive oil and onions. Lets the onions caramelise on low flame for atleast 10 mins. Add in the mushrooms and cook until the water evaporates. Add in salt and pepper.
- To serve, add the sauce in the bottom, top it with some spaghetti and mushrooms. Some fresh basil leaves on top and voila 🙂