Comfort food is all you need during weekend to save time. There is nothing better than a hot Pasta Meal, that has lots of fresh vegetables and a rich sauce. This Spaghetti Pomodoro with Olives & Cherry Tomatoes does the trick. Its perfect for the weekend.
Hello Lovely Readers,
I barely know of somebody who doesn’t like pasta. I mean everyone could have their favourites, as pasta is one versatile recipe, but its definitely a mass favourite. I love the Aglio e Olio, also I enjoy creamy mushroom sauce pasta. Nonetheless, a classic pomodoro sauce also sometimes appeals to me. I love lots and lots of veggies in my pasta, especially mushrooms, garlic and olives. Hands down these are my favourite toppings.
For most of you who do not know what a Pomodoro Sauce is, its an easy tomato based sauce with lots of garlic, onions, olive oil and seasoning ingredients. Its easy and ready in a jiffy. You can pour the sauce over boiled pasta and just have it or add your favourite veggies to give it a little twist. Always add fresh vegetables because they taste the best according to me. I would love to top it with lots of fresh and par boiled broccoli too.
I made this recipe last weekend and I am definitely trying it again today. Its easy, and tastes so divine that you can have it on repeat. P.S- Don’t judge me if I said I can have Pastas everyday. I can never get bored of it. What about you??
Lets, get started with the recipe now.
- FOR THE SPAGHETTI
- 2 cups spaghetti ( or any pasta of your choice)
- ¼th cup extra virgin olive oil
- 5 to 6 cloves of garlic
- 5 to 6 pitted black olives
- 100 gms cherry tomatoes
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- FOR THE POMODORO SAUCE
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups freshly pureed tomatoes(boil the tomatoes, take the skin and seeds out, and blend it until puree)
- ¼ teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh basil
- Salt and pepper
- Boil spaghetti as per the instruction on the pack. Make sure you do not over boil it. Boil it until al dante which means ¾th done
- In a pan, put some extra virgin olive oil, garlic, olives, cherry tomatoes, seasonings and throw in the spaghetti. Just toss it in the veggies and seasonings. Keep aside.
- In another non-stick pan, add olive oil. Saute the onions and garlics for a couple of minutes. Throw in the pureed tomatoes. Let this cook for atleast 10 to 15 mins until the puree is thick and changes color.
- Add in basil, sugar and other seasoning ingredients. You can even use chilli flakes and oregano at this stage. But I like to use it on the top. Your sauce should be ready in a couple of minutes.
- All you got to do is serve this now. You can either first pout the spaghetti in the serving plate and then top it with the sauce, or you can mix both of them together. I tossed them together, and topped it with lots of fresh olives and cherry tomatoes.
- Hope you enjoy it!!
If you like this recipe then do comment below. Also, if there is anything you would like to see on the blog next, do comment or email me at email@example.com