Do you HATE oats? Eating Oats is more like a healthy option than a tasty one? What if I said, now oats are healthy and tasty too…… Try it for yourself 🙂
Hello Lovely Readers,
I believe most of you can relate to the phenomena that OATS aren’t tasty at all. They are more like a healthy option that you are forced to eat. At least I believed in this. Initially when I switched my breakfast to a healthy and low calorie diet, I had to switch to oats. I hated the taste. I ate it like a food supplement for my body not enjoying it at all. But gradually I developed my taste for it. This is not the case for most of you. If you don’t like it, you would probably not try it again.
My Strawberry Oatmeal Smoothie is a perfect breakfast recipe. Power packed with a lot of nutrients this is the best option to start your day with. It keeps you full until lunch and really easy to make if you dont’t have much time to cook your breakfast.
P.S- Smoothies are healthy if you put in the right ingredients.
Smoothies are a really healthy option if you throw in the right ingredients. You need to cut on sugar and any other calorie adding ingredient like ice- cream, chocolate or cookies. Try make your smoothies healthy. There is a basic breakdown of how you can make your smoothies healthy and avoid adding calories to it.
HOW to make a healthy smoothie?
1. Choose a base: A base for a smoothie would mean what liquid are you going to add to your smoothie. Avoid using full cream milk or any other full fat base. Try using something really light and healthy for your smoothie base. You could use from a variety of options like Skimmed/Almond/Soy Milk, Fruit Juice, Coconut Water, Iced Green Tea or just plain water.
2. Add a Fruit: Fruits are a real important part of your smoothie. Choose wisely. Avoid using fruits that are too sweet. Also try using fresh fruits in comparison to the frozen ones. Combine 2 fruits to increase the health quotient.
3. Thicken Up you Smoothie: Its important to thicken up your smoothie for the right consistency /creaminess yet making it more nutritious. Again avoid using high calorie ingredients like ice cream or whipped cream to thicken up your smoothie. Choose healthy options like Nut butter, Skimmed Frozen Yogurt, Oats or Beans.
4. Flavor you Smoothie: Boost flavors of your smoothie. You could use sweetners, spices or herbs. Cinnamon is the best option as it adds a layer of sweetness plus spice, without adding extra calories. A wide variety of options that you could use are Vanilla Bean, Honey, Cinnamon, Figs, Nutmeg etc
5. Power Boost: This is the most important step. Take your smoothie to the next level by adding highly nutritive super foods. Use protein powder, vitamin powder, fish oil, unsweetened cocoa powder, ground flax seeds etc.
P.S- I hope these details help you choose wisely while making a perfect smoothie.
March is about to begin. Holi is round the corner. This post is an official start to the holi celebrations. Its is so colorful that I can’t stop looking at it. All I had in mind while presenting this and shooting this was lots and lots of colors. I hope you enjoy it.
Lets begin with the recipe now.
RECIPE: STRAWBERRY OATMEAL SMOOTHIE
Makes- Single Serving
Prep Time- 5 mins
Making Time- 5 Mins
- Skimmed Milk- 1 1/2 cup
- Whole Oats-1 cup
- Strawberries- 3/4th cup
- Banana- 1/2 cup
- Honey- 2 to 3 tbsp
- Ground Flax Seeds- 1 tbsp
- Cinnamon- A pinch
- Sprinklers- Optional
In a smoothie mixer, crush strawberries and banana together to make a puree.
Now add in all the other ingredients and blend until everything is combined.
Serve in a Jar. Just add some sprinklers at the jar opening to make it look more colorful and vibrant.
Your Strawberry Oatmeal Smoothie is now ready.
For any queries and collaborations contact me at : email@example.com
If you cook or bake anything from Cooking Diary By Shruti…Please Share the Pictures on Instagram or Facebook and Tag @cookingdiarybyshruti. I would love to see them. Also I would feature it on my blog.