The holiday season is totally incomplete without some freshly baked cookies. Cookies are a huge part of Christmas Baking and trust me there is a lot of baking happening in my kitchen. I have so far posted 4 recipes that you can do for Christmas and this one is super special.
The Strawberry Shortbread Cookies are my favourite and part of my Christmas Baking almost every year. Soft Shortbread Cookies loaded with fresh strawberry marmalade is a combination that you can never go wrong with.
Lets get started with the recipe now.
- For the Shortbread Cookies:
- 1 Cup All Purpose Flour
- 1 Tsp Baking Powder
- ¼th Cup Sugar
- ¼th Tsp Salt
- ¾th Cup Butter
- 1 Tsp Vanilla
- 2 Tsp or more Water
- For the Strawberry Filling:
- 1 Cup Chopped Strawberries
- 2 Tbsp Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Water
- 1 Tsp Vanilla
- 1 Tsp Lemon Juice
- 1 Tbsp Cornflour or All Purpose FLour
- Mix together flour and butter with your fingers until it becomes crumbly. Make sure you use cold butter cubes. Once crumbly add all the other ingredients and combine it into a dough. You don't have to knead it. Cover it with a cling wrap and let it cool for about 15 mins.
- Meanwhile, Mix all the ingredients of the strawberry filling and put it to flame in a heavy bottom non-stick pan and cook it for about 5 to 8 mins or until thick.
- Let is aside.
- Now place a cookie dough in between a parchment paper and roll it into a ½ cm disc. Cut out rounds using a cookie cutter. Press the round rolled cookie dough in a muffin tin to form a cup like structure.
- Now roll out the cookie dough again and cut any of your favourite shape, and keep aside.
- Fill in the cookie base with strawberry filling and place your shaped cookie on top of the filling. This was you have a cookie base and top.
- Bake it in a pre-heated oven for 20 to 25 mins at 180 degrees.
For any queries and collaboration please contact me on email@example.com