Looking forward to bake something for your loved ones? If Yes, These Sugar Kissed Strawberry Cookies are perfect! Bake these and see your loved ones SMILE <3
What can be more sinful than baking sweet, buttery, eggless and flavored cookies at home? Nothing right. These cookies are really pretty and you would love to bake them. The color is so gorgeous that I was in Awe with these. They are not too sweet and just taste perfect. I call them Sugar Kissed because the sugar dusting on top just enhances both its appearance and flavors. If you don’t prefer a sugar dusting on top you can alter it with coco or sprinklers or chocochips but trust me nothing replaces the sugar dusting for these cookies.
P.S- You will fall in <3 with these cookies.
I tried my Double Chocolate Chip Cookies a while ago and they tasted yumm. This time I wanted a flavor different than the regular chocolate or butter in the cookies. When I am willing to try a new flavor to my dish… The first thing that comes to my mind are STRAWBERRIES. If you are a regular reader on my blog, I am sure you know my love for strawberries. I like…nah… I <3 strawberries. I haven’t used fresh strawberries for the cookies because I just wanted the flavor. I have used strawberry syrup (Hershey’s) or any other that you can find in the market. An American Garden Strawberry Syrup would also work which is easily available. The quantity of the syrup totally depends on how strong you want the flavor to be but a minimum of 5 Tbsp is suggested to get a correct amount of flavor in the cookie. You can go ahead with your own experiments with any flavor you prefer.
P.S- If you are a beginner at baking try these cookies & you wont be disappointed. 🙂
If you have never baked cookies and you are a beginner at baking….I would suggest you to start with these cookies. They are really easy and require minimum ingredients infact only 5. If you keep the dough chilling time aside these cookies take barely 12 mins to bake and are ready in no time. I bet you can’t resist trying one of them right out of the oven. Well, I did it..They are buttery… and when I say buttery you really need to keep the calories aside. These cookies are chewy and soft. Don’t overbake them as you wont be able to enjoy these cookies. Over baking will make them hard and once they cool down and it wont taste as amazing as ever.
With very minimum ingredients the cookie dough is really easy to make but you need to chill the dough for about an hour. Chilling the dough is very important. Do not skip this step. Also do not over chill your dough. 1 hour or maximum 2 hours is more than enough. When you take the dough out of the refrigerator leave it for 10 mins so that it comes at room temperature. Over chilling of the dough will spoil our cookies. So you must be thinking :
Why is it important to chill the cookie dough?
Chilling the cookie dough is important so that you can handle the dough well. It helps in rolling out the dough well and also helps in baking. I know this step required alot of patience but its totally worth the wait. Once this step is over all you have to do is…Roll out the dough… Cut it in the desired shape.. Bake… and Enjoy your cookies.
RECIPE: SUGAR KISSED STRAWBERRY COOKIES
Makes- 15 medium sized cookies
Prep Time- 1 hr 15 mins (Including Dough Chilling Time)
Baking Time- 12 to 14 mins
- All Purpose Flour- 1 cup
- Cornflour- 2 Tbsp
- Castor Sugar- 1/2 cup ( There is sugar dusting on top too so use less sugar in the cookie)
- Unsalted Butter- 80 gms
- Vanilla Extract- 1 Tsp
- Strawberry Syrup- 4 to 5 Tbsp (Minimum)
- Baking Powder- 1/4th Tsp
- Icing Sugar- 2 to 3 Tbsp (For Dusting)
- Sprinklers- Optional
1. In a large bowl, Rub butter and Flour together with your fingers until they are combined.
2. Now add sugar, cornflour and baking powder and mix well.
3. Add vanilla essence and strawberry syrup and knead to form a dough.
4. The dough will be a little sticky. At this stage cover the dough with a plastic wrap and refrigerate it for an hour.
5. Once the dough is chilled, leave it for 10 mins so that it comes down to a room temperature.
6. Divide the dough into equal medium sized balls. Make circle and then press it to give it a round and flat cookie shape. You may use a fork or cookie cutter to give it a design.
7. Line a baking tray with parchment paper and place the cookies on it. Make sure you maintain atleast 2 inch gap between the cookies as they will spread a little while baking.
8. Bake the cookies in a pre-heated oven for 12 mins at 180 degrees.
9. Take them out after 12 mins and let them cool on a wire rack. Once they are cooled dust icing sugar on them and voila your cookies are now ready.
For any queries and collaborations contact me at : email@example.com
COOKING DIARY BY SHRUTI GIVEAWAY CONTEST
CDBS is again holding a giveaway contest sponsored by Urban Dazzle. You can follow @cookingdiarybyshruti and @urbandazzle on instagram or log on to www.facebook.com/urbandazzle to know more about the contest. Participate and you can get a chance to win DENVOW BOWLS set of 12 exclusively from UrbanDazzle..India’s Best Online Shopping website for Premium Products. Contest is for Indian Residents Only.
Please do Participate!!
Looking for more cookies or strawberry flavored recipes? Try My: