My definition of comfort food definitely has to be this. Pasta anyday and everyday (Guily). But one of my favourites would be this delicious and so simple TOMATO & BASIL PASTA. It quick, its easy and oh so delicious. Made with super simple ingredients this one is a favourite. What makes it stand out is the amazing combination of tomato and basil, with lots of olive oil, roasted garlic, and Italian Herbs.
Lets get started with the recipe now.
- 2 Cups Boiled Pasta ( I used Del Monte Spiral Pasta)
- 2 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 5 to 6 Garlic Cloves
- 1 Large Onion Finely Chopped
- 8 To 10 Large Red Tomatoes ( Boiled, Peeled and Pureed)
- 2 Tbsp Tomato Paste
- 8 to 10 Cherry Tomatoes
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Italian Herbs- to taste
- A bunch of Fresh Basil
- Boil the pasta as per the packet instructions and keep aside.
- In a pan, add olive oil and garlic and let it cook on low flame until the garlic turns golden. Add the onions and let is caramelise on a very low flame. This would take about 5 mins.
- Now add in the Tomato Puree and Cherry Tomatoes and let it cook for good 20 to 25 mins.
- Add in salt, pepper, italian seasoning, chilli flakes, tomato paste and lots of fresh basil.
- For serving, pour the pasta in a pasta plate, top it with lots of fresh basil and cherry tomatoes and finally with some parmesan, roasted garlic and chilli flakes.