Tea Cakes are my absolute favourite. They are light, airy, fluffy and so delicious. Perfect with your evening cup of tea or coffee. The best thing about tea cakes is that you can save them for at least 5 days which is great. Although once these are baked, it really difficult to resist them.
The weather in Delhi is really nice today and all I am craving are these yummy Vanilla Chocolate Chip Tea Cake which was a gift for a friend. I love baking for friends and family. When you make them smile with some yummy desserts is all you need. The recipe for this one is fairly simple. Just some basic ingredients and you are good to go.
Lets get started with the recipe now!!
- 1½ cup All Purpose Flour
- 1 Tsp Baking Soda
- 1½ Tsp Baking Powder
- 1 Pinch Salt
- ¾th Cup Yogurt
- ½ to 1 Cup Sugar ( Depending on how sweet you like your desserts)
- ¼th Cup Melted Butter
- 2 Tbsp Milk ( If the batter is too thick)
- 2 Tsp Vanilla Essence
- ½ Cup Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips
- In a bowl sieve together all the dry ingredients like flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In another bowl whisk together yogurt and sugar. Add in butter and vanilla and mix well.
- Now fold in the dry ingredients in batches. Add some milk if the batter is too thick thought it is supposed be a little thick. Fold in chocolate chips and save some for the end.
- Pour the batter in a 9" Baking Tin or into 2 loaf tins. Bake in a pre-heated oven for 35 mins at 180 degrees or until the skewer comes out clean.
Enjoy!! For any collaborations or queries email me at email@example.com