This Vanilla Sprinkle Cake with Chocolate Frosting is one of the best and easiest cakes that you can bake. Its perfect for beginners. This is a great way to start with.
The base is a classic vanilla cake which I have topped with yummy Chocolate Frosting and Sprinkles. Now Sprinkles are my favourite. It just makes anything and everything better. You don’t need any fancy ingredients to make this cake. Its one of my lazy day cakes which just is perfect to suffice those dessert cravings.
Lets get started with the recipe now!!
- For the Cake:
- 1½ cup All Purpose Flour
- 1 Tsp Baking Soda
- 1½ Tsp Baking Powder
- 1 Pinch Salt
- ¾th Cup Yogurt
- ½ to 1 Cup Sugar ( Depending on how sweet you like your desserts)
- ¼th Cup Melted Butter
- 2 Tbsp Milk ( If the batter is too thick)
- 2 Tsp Vanilla Essence
- ½ Cup Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips
- For the Chocolate Frosting:
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 4½ to 5 cups powdered sugar
- 4 Tablespoon cocoa
- 1 teaspoons vanilla
- 5 Tablespoons heavy cream or milk, I prefer heavy cream
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- In a bowl sieve together all the dry ingredients like flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In another bowl whisk together yogurt and sugar. Add in butter and vanilla and mix well.
- Now fold in the dry ingredients in batches. Add some milk if the batter is too thick thought it is supposed be a little thick. Fold in chocolate chips and save some for the end.
- Pour the batter in a 9" Baking Tin or into 2 loaf tins. Bake in a pre-heated oven for 35 mins at 180 degrees or until the skewer comes out clean.
- In a medium bowl combine butter, powdered sugar, cocoa, vanilla, cream/milk, and salt and beat for 5-7 minutes until light and fluffy.
- Add more powdered sugar to thicken and stiffen up frosting or more cream/milk to thin frosting out depending on use. If you are frosting cookies or a cake use less powdered sugar.
- Now add the frosting to the cake and decorate it with loads of sprinkles.