Ah, the bounty of summer. Italian Bruschetta is a wonderful way to capture the flavors of ripe summer tomatoes, fresh garden basil, and garlic. What could be more summery than grilled peppers and tomatoes on a toasted country bread with flavors of your choice!
This versatile recipe works both as an appetizer or even a whole meal. Either ways it a complete WIN- WIN 😀 I would rate this one 10 on 10 and is one of my favorites. It gets ready in no time and is perfect when you are inviting people home for dinner. Saves time and is extremely gorgeous looking.Well I had no guests coming over. 😛 But it was a result of my urge to eat something really nice..peppy…crunchy and spicy…Yummm….. So here it was…Veg Bruschetta. If you are looking for an easy, snacky and summery first course then this is a perfect one.
My love for Bruschetta’s started when I was in college. They acted as the perfect take away and I simply loved the flavors. I loved having them every now and then. <3 They have been on my cooking list and I had to try them…So finally I did and am super happy with the way they turned out. 🙂 They are very summery and peppy… The use of fresh tomatoes and peppers just makes it amazing.
Bruschetta’s could be as simple as just using tomatoes and basil, but yeah you can always experiment with your favorite flavors and veggies. So go ahead and try create your own version of it. 🙂
The best part about a Bruschetta is that you can play with the ingredients. You could use veggies of your choice. Not only veggies the sauce could be of your choice too…. Use your favorite pesto or creamy mushroom or the all time favorite tomato and basil. 😉
This bruschetta recipe is extremely simple and only relies on a few flavors to make it amazing. Because of this, you really want to use the best ingredients you can find. During the summer, you’re probably inundated with sweet, plump tomatoes. In other months though, you might need to look a little harder.
Seasoning tomatoes 😀
Seasoning the Tomatoes is the secret ingredient for a perfect and tasty bruschetta. It really takes them to the next level. Before doing anything else, we chop the tomatoes and season with salt and pepper. Not only that, but we leave them alone for about 10 minutes. As the tomatoes sit, they become extra flavorful. They also release some of their juices — this is perfect for when we’re topping the bread later.
Serves- 6 to 7
Prep Time- 15 mins
Baking Time- 12 to 15 mins
- Italian Bread (or any bread of your choice)
- 4 Plum Tomatoes- Finely Chopped
- Mixed Peppers- 1 Cup finely chopped
- 2 Red Onions- Diced
- Garlic- 2 cloves
- Amercian Corn- 1 cup(Optional)
- Shredded Mozzarella Cheese- 2 cups
- Olive oil- 2 Tbsp
- Balsamic Vinegar- 1 Tsp
- Salt and Black Pepper – to taste
- Seasoning( Chilli flakes, Oregano, Thyme, Basil)
Preheat oven at 150 degrees for about 15 mins.
1. In a large bowl, add the tomatoes, garlic, vinegar, olive oil, salt and pepper.
2. Cover and leave it in the fridge for about 20 to 25 mins. This will allow the flavors to soak and blend together.
3. Now add onion, corn and the seasoning.
4. Line your bread in a baking tray. With the help of a spoon divide the mixture evenly on the bread.
5. Top it up with lots of mozzarella cheese.
6. Bake till the bread is nicely toasted and the cheese melts.
7 . Serve hot.
Your Veg Bruschetta is now ready.
* A Bruschetta can be as simple as only fresh plum tomatoes and basil.
* If you dont have dried basil you can use fresh ones too.
* Play with the toppings. Pick your favorite.
* You can even apply a red sauce as your base ingredient if you dont want the chopped tomatoes. To learn the recipe Click Here
*You can use any cheese of your choice. Lots of them 😀
For further queries contact me 🙂