The new month has begun. Its overall a very thrilling experience to be able to bake and shoot new recipes each week. I am super thankful to you all, for enjoying all my recipes so much and sending so many positive feedbacks. It just melts my heart each time.One can never get enough of brownies. Its almost like the most essential dessert for all chocolate lovers. I usually end up baking brownies or chocolate cake because I am kinda fussy that way. Though I love trying new ingredients and flavours, Chocolate is something I can never give up.
A scoop of ice-cream and chocolate sauce on top is never a harm, but sometimes all you crave for is the brownie itself without any additions. This was one such attempt. The recipe is fairly simple and you can get done in like 20 mins or so. Though I have like 5 or 6 brownie recipes that I follow each time depending on my mood, the one that I am sharing with you today, is something that I swear by.
- 1 Cup All Purpose Flour
- ½ Cup Unsweetened Cocoa
- 1 Tsp Baking Powder
- ¼th Tsp Baking Soda
- ½ Cup Powdered Sugar
- ¼th Cup Butter
- 1 Pinch Salt
- 1 Cup Dark Chocolate Chunks
- ½ Cup Apple Sauce
- 1 Tsp Vanilla
- 1 Tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- ¼th Cup Boiling Hot Water or Buttermilk
- In a bowl sift together flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In another bowl, melt together butter and dark chocolate. You can microwave it or use a double boiler technique.
- Whisq together applesauce and sugar in a different bowl. Add in the hot water, vanilla and mix together.
- Then add the melted chocolate.
- Now add in the dry ingredients in batches. Mix everything together. We don’t want too much air in the batter else the brownies will turn cakey and not gooey.
- If you want it to be more chocolaty, add in some chocolate chunks. This is completely optional.
- Line a 9 inch baking tray with parchment paper. Pour in the batter and add some walnuts if you prefer.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven for about 35 mins at 180 degrees. Let it cool before you slice it. It might come apart a little bit but that is completely okay.
- Enjoy your yummy Brownies!!!!