This is my very first post of the year. I know you guys have been missing new recipes, but I was on a break. Its important to kind of go with what your heart feels like, and that is exactly what I did. I have been curating lots of recipes, workshops and lots of other things for you guys. You will be seeing all of them from February.
Now, coming to this post, a lot of you have been constantly requesting for a cake recipe using different flours. This time around I have a Chocolate Almond Cake using whole wheat flour. Its fudgy, moist, super chocolaty and oh so delicious, Trust me its hard to tell the difference of the flour and texture of the cake is not compromised at all.
The best part about this recipe is that you can make it with basic ingredients at home, anytime you want. So lets get started with the recipe now.
- 1½ Cup Whole Wheat Flour
- ½ Cup Unsweetened Dark Coco Powder
- 1 & ½ Tsp Baking Powder
- ½ Tsp Baking Soda
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Essence
- 1½ Cup Yogurt
- ½ Cup Oil
- 1½ Cup Dark Chocolate
- ¾th Cup Powdered Sugar
- Sieve together all the dry ingredients i.e flour, baking powder, baking soda, dark coco powder and keep aside.
- In a large bowl, add yogurt and sugar and mix until combined. Now add the oil and mix together.
- Add in the melted dark chocolate and mix.
- Finally add in the dry ingredients in batches. If the batter seems too dry, then add some milk.However, the batter of the cake is to be thick .
- Pour it in a 8 inch cake tin, and top it with almonds. You can add some almonds in the batter too like I did for extra crunch. You can use walnuts too.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven for about 30 to 35 mins at 180 degrees.
- lLet the cake cool completely and enjoy.