Looking something different this Diwali season??? Try this delicious, crispy, golden and extremely light Zucchini Fritters. This is a must try recipe!!!
Hello Lovely Readers,
I hope you are enjoying this special Diwali series with lots of fun and easy recipes. Did you check out the recipe for Fresh Blueberry Banana Bread and Baked Apple Crisps?? Its absolutely amazing. Now coming back to this recipe, its one of those recipes which just happened. I was craving to eat some potato fritters, but I kept thinking if I could mix something with potatoes to cut down some calories. But I thought of trying Zucchini instead of potatoes all together, and to my surprise they tasted absolutely divine.
The recipe is really simple, but you need to follow the recipe correct in order to get golden and crispy fritters. The most important step in making these is to get out as much moisture from the zucchini as possible. Like we all know, zucchini has a lot of moisture. The moisture would make it extremely difficult to make perfect fritters. You want the fritters to be crispy not gooey.
The process is to grate the zucchini… add some salt to eat…leave it aside for about 30 mins.. put it in a muslin cloth…and squeeze out all the excess water. Take is out…leave it for another 10 mins and repeating the process. You need to remove as much excess water as you can. Since, this is an eggless recipe, I added all purpose flour and cornmeal to absorb the remaining moisture in the zucchini mixture and give it the much needed crunch.
Also, I believe the star of this recipe has to be the Yogurt and Herb Dip. It takes the Zucchini Fritters up a notch. Its creamy, smooth, and full of flavours. I am sure the fritters wouldn’t taste as amazing, if they were without the yogurt dip. The yogurt dip is really easy to make… Just mix in plain thick yogurt with lemon juicy, garlic, salt, pepper, mint, olive oil and some parsley.
Lets get started with the recipe now!!!
- FOR THE FRITTERS:
- Grated Zucchini- 2 cups
- Chopped Onions- ½ cup
- Chopped Green Chillies- 1 tsp
- Chopped Garlic-1 tsp
- Parsley- a handful
- Salt- to taste
- Pepper- to taste
- Roasted Cumin Powder-1/2 tsp
- Mint- a handful
- All purpose flour- 2 tbsp
- Corn Meal- 2½ Tbsp
- Olive Oil-1/4th cup
- FOR THE YOGURT AND HERB MINT:
- Plain Hung Curd-1/2 cup
- Salt-1/2 tsp
- Pepper-1/2 tsp
- Chopped Parsley- 1 Tbsp
- Chopped MInt-1 tbsp
- Chopped Garlic- 1 tsp
- Lemon Juice- 1 tsp
- Olive Oil-1 tsp
- Sugar-1/2 tsp
- Shred the zucchini using a grater. Add some salt and let is rest for about 30 mins. Transfer the zucchini into a muslin cloth and press to remove as much water as possible.
- Let is sit for another 10 mins and repeat the process. Make sure you take out as much moisture as you can.
- Now transfer it to a bowl. Add the remaining ingredients like mint, parsley, chili, garlic, salt, pepper, flour, cornmeal and onion. Mix it well
- Heat a pan with olive oil. Scoop out about 2 tbsp of the mixture, and flatten it in the pan. Cook it on both sides until golden and crispy
- For the Dip, mix all the ingredients together, and keep it in the refrigerator. It tastes amazing with hot fritters.
- Make sure you serve the fritters hot as later they wouldn't be as crispy.
For any queries and collaborations contact me at : firstname.lastname@example.org